12/9 Muffin Amps 408 +3 358 +6 322 Pmps 306 +2 257 +6 315

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julie + Muffin, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Julie, sorry you're feeling discouraged this morning. Hugs to you:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I used to get the discouraged/freaked out combo pack of emotions whenever I would see red or black on the spreadsheet :(:blackeye::banghead::nailbiting:
    I doubt that you are doing more harm than good, you are obviously taking the best care of Muffin anyone could.
    I'm wondering if the 408 at AMPS this morning could be a bounce from the 170 at PMPS yesterday. I also was reading some of your past condos and saw that Muffin had a polyp removed. Hopefully there is no infection on board from that procedure. Let's see what +2 says if you get one.

3. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

I was going to do a +3 today. She goes back for a recheck on Dec 12; hopefully infection is gone. She is done with her antibiotics but still on minimal pain meds just in case; we use Bup. Thanks for your support.

4. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

She could be experiencing NDW. I know it's very frustrating when you increase and things seem to get worse. Don't take it to heart. Let's see where she goes from here.

6. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

Interesting note. When Muffin was so high this morning one of our friends suggested we get a new meter. We had changed the battery on the current one just a few days ago. We tested Muffin on both at +6 with the same blood draw. The old meter was 387; the new one is 322. That's quite a difference. Maybe could have been contributing to her bg readings. We will be using only the new one from here on out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.