12/9Ravan/amps165/+3 91/+5 55/+7 54/+10 50/pmps62/+2 80/+5 67/+8 119/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Dec 9, 2018.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You must be exhausted! I didn't see what Ravan's AMPS was? I do that sometimes too...post and forgot to put the actual number there somewhere...
    Hope the marathon goes well...that's a LONG ways! I don't even like driving that far...

Hope you can catch a nap sometime today...cute pic!!!

JoyBee&Ravan and Joanne&TinySole like this.
  3. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

LOVE the photo!!! How's Ravan this morning after the all night PJ party? I hope you can get some rest!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Ravan doesn't make it easy for you at all. I hope that changes soon :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Good luck to your son. I couldn't even imagine running that long! Hope you and your son both get a nice long nap today.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! 100 miles! That's crazy, but impressive! :cool: I was up late as well, first waiting to test Lou a bit later than normal (11:30 my time even though I was ready to go to bed at 8:30). Then he proved I needed to set an alarm to make sure he surfed. Normally Caleb does the late night tests, but he wasn't going to be home quite yet. So perhaps a nap is in both of our futures! :p I hope you both have a wonderful day today!

JoyBee&Ravan and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice cycle today. :D Glad you held the dose.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

I'm trying to control the drop by giving M carb food but it seems when he's going to drop the food doesn't make much difference. I thought he would have gone up at +7 not down?

8. JoyBee&Ravan

9. JoyBee&Ravan

@Rosie & Bailey

It had been raining in Houston & the trail was full of huge puddles & it was cold & still raining. My son ran 50 miles & said That's enough, Next time he'll do the 100!
    I'm very proud of him! Not many 44yr olds could run a mile let alone 50 miles!:joyful:

10. Wendy&Neko

54 and 55 are basically the same number. He's surfing. :D

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

I get that ! But I'm always trying to keep him from dropping too fast. I want to keep him from the big bounces! I feel it's hurting his kidneys when he goes too high. He starts leaking urine A LOT.Now I'm more worried about his KD than the Diabetes!

Lots of carbs but he's down to 50 instead of going up Do I shoot .75 if he's still at 50 pmps?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  12. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

WOW Ravan!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Neko's IM vet told me that prolonged high numbers is much worse than periodic spikes (ie bounces). Ravan is getting very good at getting over his bounces quicker now.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    If he's at 50 pmps do i shoot .75? He's had LOTS of carbs but has gone down instead of up?

15. JoyBee&Ravan

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

If he's at 50 pmps do i shoot .75? He's had LOTS of carbs but has gone down instead of up?

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I see that you shot a 62 at pmps. I think that's ok. He has time to come up before onset.
    Hope you get some sleep tonight.
    Those Ultra-marathon conditions in Houston sound horrible. The ultra runners I knew in my competition days did the 100 miles in three consecutive 33-mile days. 100 miles in 1 day would be punishing! Your son must be very strong.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  17. JoyBee&Ravan

It had been raining,large puddles & cold rain! He did 50 miles & said that's enough. He's run a few 26 mile marathons but he did 50 this time. I'm very proud of him I don't think very many 44 yr olds could run a mile let alone 50!
    He plans on trying it again :) I've always told my 2 sons ,If you say you can't you're right! They choose to say I can & at least try!

18. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful numbers yesterday

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.