14 Jan | Girlie AMPS 187; +3=59; +4=74; PMPS 189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Here's to another beautiful cycle. Girlie is looking great!!!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Girlie is looking good. And how are you doing?

Girlie's mom likes this.
  4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Yeah, Girlie! Now let's see some more of that!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. Girlie's mom

Thanks, everyone! I'm not sure what to do: she's going down, and I bet she'll go to shark territory by +4 when Levemir kicks in. I gave her 8% at +2:30 when she was 68, but now she's 59 at +3. I'm just not sure what to do: let her drop and get a reduction; give her MC food to keep her up; or...? It seems like I need to give her more than 8% to keep her in safe numbers on 0.1 unit.

I have to go in tomorrow for tests, so I won't be home until late in the day and won't be able to monitor her, unfortunately, and then I'll be at work every day next week. I can pop home for her +4 most days, or I can leave MC food just in case.

Such a dilemma!

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

It is, indeed. Her nadir seems to be all over the place. Hopefully that 59 is it. I would go ahead and give her some MC. If she really wants a reduction, she'll earn it.

Sorry I can't stick around and keep an eye on her with you this evening, but I'm sure there will be others around if you need help. Girlie, behave yourself!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If it were me, I'd get a test in no more than 30 min to see how numbers are going in response to the 8%.

Just an FYI--

I'm assuming you were indicating that the 68 was a 2-1/2 hrs after shot time. First, if that's the case, it belongs in the +2 cell. Rather than abbreviate the time as +2:30 (which I read as 2:30 on the clock), portions of an hour are in a decimal system. So, half hours are 0.5, a quarter hour is 0.25. So if you shot at 7:00 and then test 2-1/2 hrs later, it would be +2.5, 9:15 is +2.25, 9:20 is +2.3. Does that make sense?

8. Girlie's mom

Hi Sienne,
    She's at 74 at +4.

Put the numbers in the wrong column - tired today; corrected now.

I'm awful with numbers and math and decimals in particular; I'll see how I go with using decimals in future: very confusing for me, I'm afraid!

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

No worries. Will this help:
    • 15 min after the hour = .25
    • 20 min after the hour = .30
    • 30 min after the hour = .5
    • 40 min after the hour = .6
    • 45 min after the hour = .75

Girlie's mom likes this.
  10. Girlie's mom

Thanks, Sienne. I'll try to post that in a notes pod on my computer. I didn't realize there were rules for how to record times and such on our own SS. Thanks for letting me know!

Because I use the World SS, it was easier to distinguish the BG number (which has decimal points) from the time doing it the way I was doing it. Plus, decimals have never been my friend! :)

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It's not a "rule." As you noted, it's easier if you're to in the US. We do try for some degree of consistency so everyone knows what it is they're looking at. (And some days, I'm easily confused!)

Girlie's mom likes this.
  12. Girlie's mom

Thanks, Sienne! :)

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Beautiful cycle today for Girlie! :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.