14-Jun Mav AMPS 128|PMPS 275 He's doing ok

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Last post

It's been a while not posting, for many reasons. Mav is just fine, we're working our way back to better cycles, after a failed reduction. Sorry my US friends, the SS isn't up to date, I'm just tired of all the tests and the conversions, and the notes, when it makes no difference at all. Not much changes, we've been at this almost a year, even when we get a few nice cycles in a row, then we just go back to whatever Mav decides he wants to do this day. That's ok, I can work with that, he's been giving awesome cuddles and purrs (note to self : I really NEED to cut those nails!), lots of play time, he's happy and healthy, and he shows me these eyes...what's not to love?!

Attached Files:

2. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Aw. It's fine to just be enjoying you Mav. Why not indeedy.
    All the tests and inputs can take away a little from who are pusscats are to us. I am sure the US lot will forgive.

I'm just pleased to read he is doing good & you are both in each others company.

M

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Christie, great report on Maverick. Cute pic too. :)

Iz OK = I reads Canadian. :p Looks like he could use a little more juice. Did you decide not to try Lev?

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mav is doing well. It's too easy to get caught up in the numbers and forget about how the cat is doing. Love the picture.

5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I the love picture. He is so darn adorable! I’m glad that he is doing well and is happy despite his crazy numbers. :)

6. Christie & Maverick

Lol, I thought you might have gotten too used to reading the other SS ;), yup I think he's gonna Ned more juice, I read the half units better than the 1/4 anyway. It's been a tough balance, I'm trying not to test as much, and want a six meal a day schedule, but without knowing the +3, I've been feeding higher LC, which probably keeps him from moving too much that cycle.

I checked at the pharmacy, I need a new prescription for Lev from the vet. I suspect the vet will want to see Mav, I just hate bringing him in, but I guess I just need to get it over with, these cycles on Lantus just aren't consistent enough for me.

7. Christie & Maverick

That's his "I love you mama face" :cat::smuggrin:, hope you are doing ok, I've been thinking about you and your family :bighug:

8. Christie & Maverick

Thanks, M :), hope you are well, nice to see you :bighug:

9. Christie & Maverick

Thanks Carla, it is a balancing act for sure, taking a break from the numbers and the carb counts helps me refocus on the important stuff and just enjoy spending time with him :cat::)

10. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

What a handsome puddy! I agree, it's easy to get buried in the numbers, as important as they are. I had a notebook, and even recorded the number of calories Idjit ate per meal, what time he had a snack, etc. Now that's not OCD! Idjit has a goof for a mom.:confused: Take good care of both of you. I do hope that you can change to Lev and this will make a difference for him.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are in Canada, so no you don't need a script. Try a a new pharmacy or just walk in and ask for a 5 pack of Levemir cartridges. That's all I had to do to switch. You can tell them it's for the cat.

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a total Love Me face!

We can get caught up in the numbers and sometimes it is just nice to enjoy.

13. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

We have been doing alright. The other critters keep us very busy and our civvie has become very loving. Thanks for thinking of us. I’m thankful we had time to say goodbye to Gizmo. That week as difficult as it was really gave us a lot of memories and special times spent together. I’m slowly working on making a memory book for the kids and his tribute video for the forum.
    I did the same thing. :joyful: It just good kitty parenting! ;)

14. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Mav, that's a nice selfie you got there! I disagree with your momma bean tho, your look is more like, " where's my buddy Titan we NEED to get into some trouble soon!" Keep doing what your doing and don't stress momma to bad. How bout a beach date? Chat with you soon, Titan :cat:.

15. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That's all that matters from Mav's point of view, nice to hear that all is well Christie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.