15.08 PORTO, AMPS 369, +4 185, +6 165, PMPS 311, +4 266, +6 265

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Manu & Porto, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

yesterday

Cant believe Im saying this but this morning Porto was constipated. He woke us up, right before the alarm, with a vomit. It was just transparent liquid, went to the litter box and there were two hard balls of poo, little for him, so I suspected immediately. Gave a bit of Psyllium fiber with his wet food, took out the dry, and he will be on wet from now on until we figure out how to manage these dry poops. He tried a couple of times to poop some more and he succeeded in pooping a better amount, he was a bit nervous before that, running around the house, so glad he finally got to do some. It must be as new to him as to us, having to push in order to poo.
    With these new poops, Im dont know how to react, we are in the opposite spectrum today, last week we were having nonstop diarrea.
    He was a bit high, before the shot, I think the constipation also being the cause, and now, finally some good nice blue!!! I suspect is the result of all that happened this morning, having vomited a bit, no high carb dry, having pooed and relaxed some and, this also, very important, the increased dose.
    Gotta manage that constipation, if anyone has some more secrets and how to help him, please share. We dont have Miralax here.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hope he feels better, nice +4

Manu & Porto likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

The numbers look good - look at those blues! I would watch because without the dry his numbers may fall fast especially with that dose increase on board.

You can add water to his food as well. Put a tsp into the wet food and mix it up.

What is bude dose? It may be a little too much for him. Maybe have a discussion with the vet about taking it down a bit and see what happens.

4. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Yes, I am watching him, and am expecting some drop but I also gave some kibble, just because they contain psylium so maybe it helps.
    I will speak to the vet, was thinking the same thing, i am already giving a lower dose, 0,5 mg so if we cut, we can cut from here. Maybe try EOD administration and see how that goes.

Hopefully it will get better, will add some pumpkin, hopefully he will have it as I never tried.

Thank you for the help, Tracey, as always, so helpful!!

I hope Jones’s poo is better, cant access the sheets from phone but will have a look later on when home.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  5. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Thank you, Bellasmom, we are excited with the new blue

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love those blues today! :cool: Sorry it came at the expense of constipation. We don't have Mirilax in Canada, it's called something else. Of course there is a website for you http://felineconstipation.org/

The budesonide did not constipate Neko, rather it reduced bowel inflammation which made things move easier.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  7. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

A senior, SENIOR member told me about this product. Advised “up and over Mialac... which is what I was giving Nelli for occasional constipation. See www.foodfurlife.com :)

Last edited: Today at 5:14 PM
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EJ4fJSed6

Attached Files:

Manu & Porto likes this.
  8. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Thank you, Krystina! The product you recommend is the Ez Egg Yolk? I dont understand very well about the Mialac, I find very little info on internet about it, maybe give me some more details? Thank you again :)

9. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Maybe the dose of bude is too high? We started with less, half initial dose, 0,5, and are thinking of lowering a bit, already.
    It may also be the new food, he is not used to eating wet as before the bude, it caused diarrea. And now, he mainly needs to process the wet cause there is very little dry.
    I will read the site, very interesting link, thank you so much, Wendy! :bighug:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Budesonide should not be constipating. I don't know why you'd want to lower the dose.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  11. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Because before budesonide we never had any episodes of constipation. Then it should be the food only?
    I am reading the site you provided, hope it gives more answers as to what is happening and how I can help him.

12. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Thank you, Wendy, for the link, very useful information, helps a lot with how to act further on helping him with this constipation episode. Warm hugs from us both!

13. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Yes, EZ Egg Yolk...
    I “typoed” Mialac... correct spelling: Miralax. Sorry :-|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.