16 year old boy diagnosed Monday

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by catbeans23, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catbeans23

catbeans23 Member

I think I have to make a thread here first before I can ask for help.

I am a very scared and worried cat mom right now. This came out of nowhere and I am just hoping everything will be okay for my little guy. He is on bed rest from a spinal injury. That is what he went to the vets for Monday and the x-rays showed enlarged kidneys and I was told he has diabetes. Today I noticed he has a bad issue in his mouth and he will be going back tomorrow. He has torn gums and a badly decayed canine. I am hoping something can be done to help him. He hasn't been eating.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to FDMB.
    It sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment. So sorry to hear your boy is not well at the moment.
    You have come to the right place to get help and support. This is a great forum with loads of very knowledgeable people only too happy to help.
    I am sure there is plenty that can be done to get your boy back on track.
    Here is the link to the main forum......you might like to post over there now and ask any questions you like. There are lots of people who have had multiple issues with their kitties and may be able to help you with your specific issues. I'd suggest putting his issues in the subject line to gain attention....such as 'newly diagnosed FD with enlarged kidneys and mouth issues. Please help'
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/

catbeans23 likes this.
  3. catbeans23

catbeans23 Member

I tried posting there and it is telling me it is spam. I am not sure why. I didn't include any links or anything.

It is saying:

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I'm new here so I don't know who the admins are.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Can you try again now? I don't know why it would do that.

5. catbeans23

catbeans23 Member

I just retyped the whole thing and it is still telling me the same thing :(

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Would you like me to transfer your post over to the main form for you? It will come up under my name but you can take over the post?

7. catbeans23

catbeans23 Member

It won't even let me post it here either. I was going to at first and ask it to be moved. Could it be too long?

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Don't quite understand what you are saying sorry.

9. catbeans23

catbeans23 Member

The thread post I wrote, I was going to post it here in my introduction thread as a reply but that didn't work. It still says the same thing. I rewrote it too. Maybe I am being marked as spam for other sections on the forum until I am approved or something. I thought the thread post may have been too long. I don't know what can be triggering it as spam.

10. catbeans23

catbeans23 Member

I got it to post. I think I needed to upload an avatar. Thanks for your help.

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Super! I can see it over on main health. Hope you get some answers. Best of luck with your boy

catbeans23 likes this.
  12. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

We have had spam issues so the filters are tightend for new folks. Shorter initial posts are more inclined to go through.

13. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

14. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.