2/10/20 Smudge AMPS 615 PMPS 524 Upped to 3.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Astexcat, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-9-smudge-amps-544-3-589-5-431-8-529-11.225410/

Morning all, no more yellows last night.

I know yesterday the suggestion was made to increase to 3.25U today. I will increase the dose tonight when I can be around to watch her and pull a mid-cycle check. Numbers tell me she would be fine this morning, but my daytime wacher/feeder isn't available today so I'd feel better waiting until this evening's shot.

Have a great day!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good plan! An increase is definitely in order - best of luck tonight with getting some better numbers although it may take a few days before you start to see much change.

Have a great day!

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Gd luck with the increase.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good luck tonight. Increase is needed.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the increase tonight. With the depot insulins, you might not see much of a change the first cycle of an increase. Of course, that's up to the cat. :cat: Over time and as you learn Smudge's patterns, you'll learn whether it's better to be home the first or second or third.... cycle after an increase. Another phenomenon that sometimes happens after an increase is something we call New Dose Wonkiness, which manifests as a couple of cycles of higher numbers. No one knows exactly why, but it could be because the depot is rebuilding.

6. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

Does Levemir have a smell if you give a fur shot? I don't know if I'm just imagining things or not, I swear I saw the needle in her skin, didn't feel wetness but it's been a long day.

7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Oh dear, please tell me that's a typo in your title, you didn't up to 5.25u, right?! Good luck with the (hopefully) increase to 3.25u

8. Astexcat

Astexcat Member

Good God, yes that was a typo. I think I stared at the syringe for too long trying to figure out where the. 25 increase was best seen at.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, Levemir has a strong smell. Paws crossed the shot was good.