2/10 Ming PMPS = 383, +2 = 328

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

2. Crista & Ming

Thought I'd answer this here:
    I'm so confused about the laws right now. It's supposed to be legal but since it's legal, products now need to be regulated so some CBD/THC products have been taken off the market with many dispensaries getting shut down. My coworker who uses CBD oil for her dog is finding it frustrating and difficult to get her regular CBD oil product now. She mentioned having to get it from the border but thought it was too risky since some of her family is American.

I mean, i've also seen CBD on the shelf of a pet store I go to but I don't know if that's the "good stuff" :joyful: But yes, once I figure this whole cannabis situation out.. Washington is an option :)

Djamila likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I'd give Ming one more cycle. If he doesn't work the juice, then go back to 8u. I thought maybe the last lime greens was the 8.5u depot still talking, but it was safer to give him that reduction.

A failed reduction is when you see numbers increasing overall. It doesn't look much like a bounce to me.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Something to think about....If Ming was diagnosed in March 2018, you're close to being considered a "long term" diabetic

You might want to consider going to the "3 times under 50 or once under 40" for reductions instead of reducing when Ming goes under 50 once

5. Crista & Ming

That's true. I was thinking about that too.

Is there a reason for that? Is it in case the first 3 lows are dives?

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

We just make it a little harder once they're long-term diabetics so that (hopefully) they'll hold the reduction better.

By waiting for 3 drops below 50 (or 1 below 40) we are pretty darn sure they really NEED to be reduced and it wasn't just a one time fluke.

7. Crista & Ming

Now I'm really tempted to go right back up to 8.5 as fast as possible since I have this whole month quite free to stay up for extended periods of time (3 night shifts a week and having the luxury to bring Ming to work and watch him like a hawk).

Any thoughts on how to do that? Or should we not cause chaos lol

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I would go back to 8u. You do not want to increase back to 8.5u that may have caused all the recent lime greens. Go to 8u and add to your signature you plan to do the 3x under 50 or 1x under 40.

9. Crista & Ming

+8 = 410

8 u tonight? Or still tomorrow?

Okay, I'll go change my SS and add to my signature if room allows.

10. Mandy & Rex (GA)

That +8 isn't pretty, but I've seen so many highs before lows so I wonder if tonight may be active. Wait until tomorrow after you see what happens tonight.

11. Crista & Ming

Yes, he's usually higher at +8 and goes down a little at PMPS.

We always end up taking +8 tests because it's when it's convenient for my mom since that's when she usually comes home after her second outing of the day. Today I took it because I thought why not and it's a coincidence it's +8 haha.

12. Crista & Ming

Oops. scratch everything I said in the my last post!! I meant its true for +10.

The +8 is just ugly.

13. Crista & Ming

Negative or maybe some trace of ketones at +8.5. I say trace because I've seen the test strip come out the exact same colour as it went in (that's when I know it is truly negative). It came out slightly darkened but not pink which would mean "real" trace amount of ketones according to the bottle.

I might consider looking into a ketone meter for accuracy but that's later when I have $$ haha

I did SQ fluids last night too. Will test ketones daily now since he's got flare up of pancreatitis.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Chris & China (GA) likes this.