2/9 Ming AMPS = 308, +2 =308, +5 = 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-8-ming-pmps-72-1-65-2-47-2-5-113-3-121-4-99-6-85-8-67.210514/

I am soooooooooooo tired.

Ming is not. He’s playing and running around despite being high.

It was weird because he was low all day yesterday and all he wanted to do was sleep in my sister’s room which he usually does if he’s feeling crummy. So maybe the low numbers were too low for him/he wasn’t used to it.

Or maybe because we induced vomiting LOL

If you’re not caught up: Ming is staying on pred because his fPLI is elevated to 34.1. And vet suggested hepatosupport supplements for his liver.

But I was thinking... I need to do more research. Maybe it’s worth looking at alternatives like CBD oil to manage pain so he can be off his pred. (I thought I’d tag you, @Djamila and see what you think. Thanks!)

And then the whole liver situation concerns me because does that affect his diabetes too?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning! ....well morning for me!
    I'm not surprised you are tired after last night.
    I see Ming is bouncing after the lows of yesterday....that is to be expected.....he will soon come down again.
    I hope you can catch up on sleep today

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hope you got some rest today:bighug:

4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

My lack of report = me sleeping the day away haha! I did get to go to dinner since Ming stayed high :)

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of CBD as a pancreatitis support. It seems to help with pain, relaxes Sam's posture, and increases his appetite while eliminating outward symptoms of nausea. I've found it most effective when started quickly, dosed regularly and consistently, and continued until I am certain the flare is over. Others simply use it daily regardless of the presence of symptoms. CBD has reduced the frequency, duration, and severity of flares for Sam and has improved in its effectiveness as I've learned his best timing and dosage (which took some experimenting). I do use a CBD/THC combo with Sam and have found that more helpful than just CBD alone, however there is no research to validate the safety of THC with cats (it is toxic for dogs). While more folks are trying it in small amounts and finding it helpful, that is very much up to the individual human if they want to try it or not, I certainly wouldn't recommend something that isn't proven to be safe, and can only share that my experience has been positive in a very low ratio of 50:1 CBD to THC.

If I remember right though, isn't CBD oil still illegal in Canada? Of course you're close enough to the border you could just come visit us down here in Washington :D.