2/15 Webster update - Dosing advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Websterthecat, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop in, say hello, and give you an update on Webster.

A couple of weeks ago when I stopped by we were discussing lowering Websters dose because he reached 26 on 1/31.:nailbiting: Following the protocol, we reduced him from 1.25U to 1U. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-30-webster-update.132324/

For 6-7 days after the reduction he continued to do well. After this period I believe that his depot wore off and he started to trend upward from 2/8 -2/14. At this point I was going to bump him up 1/8U to 1.125U, however, I knew that we had company coming this weekend who brought along 3 (loud nonstop screaming) children. Because of this, I decided to hold off on the increase.

As it turns out, it was probably a good idea. Due to the noise, Webster was refusing to eat and went into hiding. Today he ate less than 1/2 of his AM food and dropped down to 47.

Now that our company left about 4 hours ago, he's venturing out and showing signs of an appetite. He inhaled some 15% food that I gave him as he was dropping earlier.

So, onto the question.

I'm confident that today's low numbers were due to Webster not eating and the insulin action so I'm considering bumping him up 1/8U to 1.125 in a couple days once I'm able to get his nerves calmed back down and into a regular eating routing.

How does this sound? There were a few days over the past week where was hitting in the greens at nadir but for the most part he was mostly in the 200's+.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Reason for edit: increase, not reduction.
  2. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

Poor Webster! No advice, but I'm sure he'll get back to himself now that the Screamers are gone.

3. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Thank you Mary.

Webster is like me, he enjoys a quiet and peaceful house. He's doing much better now that the circus has left town. :)

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I think I would hold off for now, apart from today's cycle it was as recent as 2/12 that you saw some nice greens in the 70s and 80s and only a few days before that you saw 60s. He's probably going to bounce from today's numbers which may cause your trigger finger to itch but the green nadirs have been nice and you don't really want to push him down any further you just want him to flatten out.

Suggest you add 'dose question' to your subject line to get more views.

5. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Thanks for replying. :) Indeed, those number are a concern of mine and are one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to increase.

Any other input?

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I think it's fine to hold 1u if you are still doing three times between 40-50; he's been in that range twice.

Glad to see you back!

7. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Thanks Marje.

Yes, I'm sticking with the 3x @40-50 for now.

Alrightly, we are going to stay with the 1U and see where it goes. Thanks guys!

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Good luck!!!,

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We all love peace and quiet!! I hope Webster settles down now that the noisy children have gone.

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.