2/16 Gray-gray AMPS 258

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Becky and Gray-Gray, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Becky and Gray-Gray

Becky and Gray-Gray Member

Hello :D! Gray-Gray has officially switched from Novolin N to Basaglar on Friday 2/14 PM cycle. She has had 4 cycles on the Basaglar thus far and her pre-shot BG numbers are slowly decreasing from 377, 337, 333, to 258 respectively.

I am administering 0.5 units of Basaglar and she has had consistent blues today with a nadir of 144 @ +4 today. I am scared going into the PM shot tonight and scared of greens :nailbiting:! I am worried of shooting 0.5 tonight and having her continue to drop to low. I have a high carb treats in case of an emergency and have a stash of some Hills W/D kibble just in case she needed to eat carbs. I read all the stickies and understand as a newbie without much data her no shoot is number is at 150, but all honesty I am scared to shoot if her Preshot BG continues to progressively dip lower than this mornings AMPS.

So I am basically just short of two hours away from her PMPS and am looking for advice. Should I decrease her dose? Keep it at 0.5? Stall and delay her shoot time until a bit later after her meal? Thank you in advance for your advice and support.
    Link to:
    previous threat post discussing transition from Novolin to Basaglar

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I don't see a number value in the 10/11+ column. What is Gray's number presently?

Could you please add a big horizontal line to your SS and indicate when you switched to Basaglar? :)

Becky and Gray-Gray likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

A lot can happen in 2 hours...You might want to get a +11.5 so you have 30 minutes to get opinions for tonight's shot.

If you don't do that, if you get a PMPS less than 150, then stall, DON'T feed and post for help. Test again in 20-30 minutes to see if the number goes up without the influence of food.

4. Becky and Gray-Gray

Becky and Gray-Gray Member

@Sue and Luci
    @Chris & China (GA)
    Just tested her and WOW she took a jump and is currently at 322! She was in the blues all day...I’m so confused:eek: I thought Basaglar was suppose to keep her BG more consistent?

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Aww that happens sometimes...now you don't have to sweat that PM dose at all, huh?

No worries about the greenies tonight. Just be sure to get a PMPS even though this reading is kinda high. Looks like she's bouncing from those nice blues she's had all day. That unfortunately is the way this sugar dance goes...

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the bounce. Lantus is not a magic solution for that. Gray Gray is also new new to Lantus. It’s a hormone and will take a while for her body to learn how to work with it. Flatter cycles will come in time.

Once you question has been answered, could you remove the ? Icon from your subject heading and also change the text in the heading. That way those of us scanning the forum for those who need help will know you have your question answered.