2/19/18 Love AMPS 416; PMPS 406; +3=352

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Was so hoping the AMPS would be in the pinks at least. Have to get her food schedule worked out.

How is everyone feeding their kitties? How often and how much?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

This is the 5th cycle on this dose so hopefully you'll start to see movement today.
    Come on Love, work the juice!

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I feed 10-12 tiny meals over 24 hours. I probably feed more frequently than most because Asia will puke if she goes too long without eating (3 to 4 hours for her). Most meals are around a teaspoon, a little more than that at onset and to nadir when she is dropping, and a little less at preshot and after nadir. I had a 5 meal autofeeder which makes it easier.

Hope Love comes down for you soon. :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Love heads down today. I feed Furball in the morning at shot time and leave her food out for her to snack on throughout the day. I do the same in the evening.

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I feed my cats 3x a day, once before work, once after work, and at bedtime. Their daily allocations are divided in thirds.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I used to feed small amounts every couple of hours until around +5 . I’d steer his cycle that way plus he had chronic pancreatitis so it helped not tonfeed a lot at one time.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

I'm trying to get her to stick to at least every 3 hrs. She is just inhaling her food and everyone else's. I try to get most in by +6. She just wants some every hour. I know it's the diabetes but my others aren't eating well because of her. I had to start feeding them or Love in other rooms.

8. SMM

SMM Member

Cmon Love, be a love and come down!!

9. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I also have to feed Osha in another room. She would inhale all the other cats food if I didn't. This slow feed bowl has been very helpful in Osha not eating all of her food in 3 bites.
    https://www.amazon.com/Slow-Feed-Do...7359&sr=8-42&keywords=cat+slow+feed+bowl&th=1

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of this will calm down and you can recondition her slowly once she trusts she will get food regularly and when her numbers come down a bit and she can make proper use of her food. Civvie Toki came to us as a kitten and she would eat furiously like her food was going to disappear from under her making a growling noise the whole time. It was obvious she was fed trough style and had to fight her littermates to get a full meal. She calmed down when she realized her food bowl was just for her and now she eats if she feels like and walks away if she doesn't, knowing the food will be there for her when she comes back.

Maybe you can give meals every 3 hours and tide her over with a few treats like boiled chicken or freeze dried chicken in between meals?

11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think the high numbers make them hungry. Coupled with all the changes in her life I too think she will settle down. That being said my two girls devour their food in about two minutes and if that ever changes I will suspect illness, lol. They think they should be fat cats but I won’t let that happen.

12. Olive & Paula

Exactly what I'm doing q 3 hrs with chicken in between when she is really acting like a pia!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  13. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Myagi has access to food all day except pick up times. The soup is the pate and water nastiness he and Millie love (yay hydration). I pretty much give meals at bkfst and dinner and encourage snacks at any lower tests, but the food is accessible round clock except pick up window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.