2/2/18 | Darwin - update; vet visit today.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tasha & Darwin, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Condo

Darwin was such a champ at the vet today - he loves his Gaba! :cat:

Darwin's recheck radiograph showed improvement of his pneumonia - yay! He does have a little consolidation still on the right side so vet wants to go two more weeks of Clavamox, but we can just finish off the Orbax and stop it. Darwin will be pleased as he despises the Orbax. We'll just monitor the diarrhea, and I'll keep doing the S. Boulardi - he's still only having a poo about once daily, and no other GI symptoms. Did someone recommend Slippery Elm Bark for diarrhea?

Good news about his kidney function! His urinalysis did trip for protein again, but we did a UPCR, and it was well within normal limits - yay! His urine SG is 1.050, which is nice and concentrated. His SDMA came back at 13 which is the higher end of normal, but according to IDEXX is only significant if over 15 (along with proteinuria and low USG). So, his kidneys are functioning well at the moment. I am so pleased as he really is quite young to start having those issues. Vet recommends checking all of those levels in 6 months if I want to be proactive (which, I do). :cat::cat:

Sending vines to all the kitties and beans in need! Thanks for always being here for us!! :bighug:

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good vetty report. Hope he continues to improve on the pneumonia. My drooler had it once and she was on meds for 10 weeks getting rid of it.

Tasha & Darwin likes this.
  3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Darwin continues to do well. Hope the pneumonia is gone soon! :bighug:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Big sigh of relief! :bighug: Are you giving him probiotics? Some ABs will cause tummy upset.

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news! :):)

6. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Big sigh!! Thanks!

I am giving him S. Boulardi, and right now he’s been getting FortiFlora, but I think (after some recent research) I’m going to switch to Renew Life - maybe I should do that right now...

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Awesome news with the pneumonia and the kidney values! You’re the coolest, Darwin! :bighug:

I hope the diarrhea subsides, maybe it was just the Orbax and not the Clavamox? That’s what I’m going to hope for anyway. :smuggrin:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the vetty visit went well. Good to hear the pneumonia is getting better. I hope it clears up soon. Sending prayers.

9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news on the Darwin front! Hope Clavamox clears him up quickly. :bighug:

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, SEB or Marshmallow Root will sooth the GI tract. Some folks use Fortiflora for diarrhea, but the ingredients are questionable. I use it as a food enticer only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.