? 2/2 Dimmu: AMPS 398, +2.75 391, +5 362, +8 333. How much should I increase tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dimmu & KL, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimmu & KL

Dimmu & KL Member

yesterday

We just came back from the vet for the SNAP fPLI test, the result comes in tomorrow. Vet didn't think Dimmu has pancreatitis, because he shows no signs of it... We'll see tomorrow.

Tonight is the 6th cycle on 1U, it's again pink all over, I think we're gonna have to increase his does tomorrow. @Wendy&Neko , should we increase the does to 1.5U right away? Since we haven't had anything lower then pink on this dose?

Another thing is Dimmu is probably constipated, he's backed up for 2 days now. He still eats happily, pees fine, but his belly is clearly puffed up now, another reaction to insulin? He gets AVJ probiotics twice a day, and I gave him 1/4 tsb SEB this afternoon. Something else I can do to help him go?

Happy weekend, everybody!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, if you don't see any yellow before tomorrow morning, you can increase to 1.5 units then.

As for constipation, a natural thing you can try is a bit of cooked pumpkin or squash for fiber - 1/8/1-4 tsp twice a day. Is he getting lots of water? I used to add water to Neko's food to make sure she got enough, even though she was a good drinker. Constipation shouldn't be a reaction to insulin - at least not a symptom I've seen. What might be happening is that because his numbers are high, he's peeing more and getting a bit dehydrated. The bowels need water to move things.

If the natural method doesn't work, you can talk to you vet about options. One of the ones used here is polyethylene glycol 3350 (called restoralax in Canada, miralax in the US). It's laxative for humans, should be available in most stores with a pharmacy.

3. Dimmu & KL

Dimmu & KL Member

He drinks more then he used to, almost twice as much, but also peed more. I always add a bit of water to his food, will try the pumpkin tomorrow if he still doesn't go. Thanks, Wendy. Enjoy your weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.