? 2/2 Tigger PMPS 140, +1 88, +2 63, +2.5 61, +3 58, +3.5 71, +4 69, +5 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brittany-Tig, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Reason for edit: New information
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are doing the right things so far. What % carb did you give so far. I would test again at +2.5 to see if you've slowed him down.

Do you have high carb or greater tha 15% carb around plus karo?

3. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

I have him 12% carb. We do have something that is between 15-17%, I can’t remember which at the moment. And dry food if needed. I couldn’t find Karo but I have honey and syrup. Plenty of test strips for both meters.

4. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Hang in there, you've got this! I will let the experts instruct you, but just know that you are not alone and there are many experienced and lovely people here to help! :)

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Honey works if you need it. Let's see what you need to do after that next test.

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  6. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Thank for the words of encouragement! I really need it right now :nailbiting:

Moose (GA) & Rae likes this.
  7. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

It seems like he’s slowing down. What do you think?

8. Wendy&Neko

That's good. Maybe a couple tsp of his regular low carb food - that'll often help them to keep surfing, or hanging out in those good healing numbers.

Please keep your subject line updated with the latest tests, so you can get more eyes on you if he starts to go down again. You might want to test in another 1/2 hour, to make sure the brakes are on.

With SLGS, he did earn a reduction back down to 1.0 units.

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  9. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Okay thank you so much for all of your help. I updated the title. Fed him a couple spoonfuls of his favorite low carb. +3 is 58. He is still dropping a little, but it’s slowing down.

10. Wendy&Neko

Since he's earned a reduction already, you have a couple of options tonight. Option 1 is to carb him up higher by giving high carb food. The down side to option 1 is that you have to stay up for another couple of hours to make sure he doesn't drop after the high carb food wears off. Option 2 is to keep giving low carb food, just a bit, you don't want to fill him up, and hope he stops dropping and goes up on his own. If you take option 2, you can go to sleep once he's had a couple of rising numbers on his own. He is still in a safe zone, we get more worried if they go below 50 on the human meter.

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a guess at this point which will give you more sleep, if that is a concern.

11. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

+3.5 is 71

I think I’m going to go with option 2. I’m going to keep monitoring for a couple of more hours. It’s a little after 10PM where I am so I can make it to midnight no problem. But I’m off tomorrow so I can sleep then if I need to stay up all night.
    Should I feed him more low carb now or wait until +4?

12. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, it's probably +4 already. I would just feed him now as you normally would. Looks like he might be coming up on his own.

Good job tonight!

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  13. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Thank you! I did give him a little spoonful since he keeps teetering back and forth a bit. Thank you so much for your help. I’m not sure what I would’ve done had you not help! :bighug:

14. Wendy&Neko

It does get easier over time. :bighug: Keep good details of how much food, what carbs and when you fed tonight. That'll help you next time you see lower numbers. I kept those details in the Remarks part of the spreadsheet, so I could look back and see what effect food had. It's a great tool for keeping our kitties safe.

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  15. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Oh yes my Remarks section is ridiculous. So much detail about food, toileting habits, and activity level. I’m trying to be as detailed as possible so I can learn more about his reactions. (Although, I should start measuring how much food I give him, I’m just estimating right now.) Hopefully he won’t drop this low again, but if he does I know what to do thanks to you :D

16. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

+5 is 80

Yay! I’m so glad he’s steadily going up. I’m going to try and stay up to get a +6, but I’m very happy right now. Yay Tig!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.