2/5 Disco AMPS 128,178@30 min, dosed & fed,+1 142,+2 143,+3.25 127,+4.75 262,+10 254,PMPS 212,+2 262

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), Feb 5, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

why not test again in 20/30 minutes (without feeding) and see if he is headed higher. if he is and you can be around to monitor, why not shoot the entire dose?
    "shoot low to stay low"

waiting for 1.5 hours might be too late? as in, he may be much higher by then plus it would disturb your shooting schedule over the next few days?

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

If you can monitor today, I would shoot. You shot a 127 on 2/3. This is a shootable number .

eta: And I wouldn’t reduce the dose. It is probably a matter of time until he earns a reduction.

4. Bandit's Mom

looks like you might have a repeat of Feb 3rd! how exciting! :)

5. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

OK, I think I’ll wait 30 minutes and retest and I can be around to monitor today so I will probably give him his full dose after this next test

6. Bandit's Mom

like @Bobbie And Bubba suggest, maybe you don't need to wait and can shoot right away. it's not an especially low number. keep monitoring every hour. maybe more frequenty in case he is breaking a bounce and heads lower quite fast.

feeding him with the shot might help but the brakes on his fall. if he is indeed breaking a bounce.

7. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Thx! Yes Saturday 2/3 was a bit stressful for me but now I’m feeling calmer since I’ve experienced it once before LOL. Because of the skipped dose, I was back to giving the injection at 8:30 instead of eight so I am just about to test him again and I think I’ll give him the full dose. I’ll keep you posted!

8. Bandit's Mom

keep updating his SS. so people here (more experienced than me) can track him and advise.

9. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

178@8:30am, shot 2.75u and fed!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

Glad you shot. You will get more comfortable shooting lower numbers. Remember , Lantus is known for it’s flat cycles and not so good pulling high numbers down. So when you get the opportunity to shoot a low blue, shoot! Lol

ETA: or a safe green number for that matter.

11. Bandit's Mom

so what pulls higher numbers down? just steadily increasing the lantus doses?

12. Bandit's Mom

he seems to be replicating Feb 3! going higher then lower and saving all the excitement for the night cycle! :D

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, that’s correct.

14. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Disco is looking good! Pretty quick recovery from the skip!

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Actually, Wendy was suggesting you need to get used to shooting lower numbers and suggested shooting full dose on time as the preferred action. This was only a blue that Disco gave you. And as you have seen, this might be the new normal for Disco. ;) Time to get rid of that Vetsulin brain which is holding you back! Low numbers are a gift - shoot low, stay low and flat. No wondering how the cycle is going to shape up.

16. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Hi Wendy… See I was going on my memory rather than reading what you wrote… I will remember that if you say it enough times LOL

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  17. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

It’s 12 noon here and I need to leave the house about 1:30pmto go clean my Mom’s house. That usually takes about 4 hours. Should I take Disco with me and test them periodically this afternoon or will he be fine till I get back home about 5:30 FaceTime his readings this morning and I’ll be able to do one more before I leave the house.

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you get a test a half hour before you leave and then you can decide if you just need to leave food out, or take him with you. How close is departure time to his usual nadir?

19. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Yes, I can test him about 1 o’clock before I leave and I can leave some LC food down for him, I can’t recall the last time he refused to eat so I know he will eat as he’s a grazer and I can pull it up before test time when I get home.

I have not been able to figure out what his nadir is but I think around 5 to 6 hours post injection? Maybe you or another member can help me with that… I just don’t think he’s settled on anything yet but that’s maybe just because I don’t know how to see it.

Update: at 1:19pm, +4.45 was 262. as he grazes I’m still gonna leave a little bit of food out for him, the usual LC 1.3 oz of Sheba Perfect Portions.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020