2/5 Jenks AMPS 66 +4 24 +5 102 +6 120 +9 126 PMPS 170 +6 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

2/4

Um, yeah, so that happened.

Jenks crashed his numbers in the first quarter of the cycle to give poor OH the lowest number we've ever seen (confirmed with 2 tests). I'm at a total loss to explain why it happened or where it came from.

Yesterday's cycle was weird. He was down just a few points to the mid-40s at AM+3, so I gave him food and stuff which was totally sufficient for the 10 days that OH was gone to bump him up for the remainder of the day. Not yesterday though. He refused to budge from the 40s for half the cycle. Then rebounded to 137 for PMPS.

Overnight, he was down just under 100 at PM+7, where he ate and showed a healthy appetite.

Nor was the 66 this morning anything to be concerned about. It's well in line with the AMPS numbers of the last 10 days or so.

Now, we expected him to dip in the couple of hours after AMPS. Lately, it's just what he does. But by dip, I mean a number in the mid 40s.

But this 42 point drop came completely out of the blue and about gave OH a heart attack. Thankfully, it was quickly addressed with food and gravy, but it shouldn't have happened at all following yet another dose decrease.

I honestly have no idea what is going on and there's probably no way of figuring it out because there's three variables at play. First, a dose decrease on the morning of the 4th. Second, a cycle that was "breaking" the 137. Third, OH's return. It's not helping that we're dealing with a 170 PMPS now either, which is a 50 point rise in the final 2 hours of the cycle. It's like everything has gone off the rails and OH hasn't even been home for 48 hours.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Twenty four???? Really Jenks????

So glad you caught it in time though!! No matter what caused it, those 20's are nothing to fool with!

I wouldn't be surprised at the bigger than usual bounce either....I mean he did such a deep dive, his liver probably went into overtime

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Jenks buddy, what ya doing? Giving the beans a heart attack? :D:eek:

Tonight was a serious bounce (in Jenk's terms). I definitely hope he's not used to the 20's! Time for another reduction. I think the last 0.25 unit reduction was too small. Jenks confirmed it.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on that 24. I'm glad Jenks came back up for you. It sounds like he needs a reducie.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I can't believe Jenks hit an all time low with OH there! :eek: No more showing off like that, okay, Jenks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.