? 2/6 Rosie PMPS 95 Shoot Green ? (!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rosie had a good night and we both got some sleep. I have built up the nerve to move her dose up to 4.5 because I can monitor during the day. Monitoring is only part of my problem. Now that I know how hard it is to get her up and keep her up if she is in trouble, I'm more afraid of a crisis than I have been in the past.

I think I need some more conservative dose rules to avoid the depot getting ahead of us. She had been stable at 5.5 for a long time. I raised the prospect of a decrease when I started to see some lower AMPS, but she didn't quite earn it. It looks like Rosie is a rule breaker (surprise!). :)

Yesterday.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes kitty's have a change of heart on the amount of insulin to use and we are left running to catch up.:p

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a rebel, your Rosie! ;) I completely understand your fear. :bighug:

4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

OMG 95 at PMPS. Hold @ 4.5?

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I don't do TR, but I would hold. Bumping to get some eyes on this one.

6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

TY @Tracey&Jones. I stalled 30 min and re-tested to get 104. I'm holding w/ 4.5. I hope that was the right call.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I think it was.

8. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

My gut is saying Rosie is going to want another reducie. As the saying goes shoot low to stay low however just keep an eye on her tonight. You don’t have to be on a super high dose to have a high dose condition. With that as a possibility, kitties can drop down the dose ladder. They can also, as we all know, go up that ladder too:rolleyes:.
    I had quite a few crazy rides with Beenie. The very good news is you know what to do and how to handle low numbers. Aside from that lime streak Rosie’s SS is looking great:)
    :bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.