2/9 Ozzy AMPS 164, +2 159, +4 88, PMSP 272, +2 281, +4 208

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ozzy Pawzbourne, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

yesterday

We are back in the blues at PS. Ya and Yikes. It's days like these that make me really nervous to leave the house. Hubby said he is going to stay until around his +4. Hubby did his pokey test today and said, 'uh oh...looks like today's the day' meaning he's going to drop low again. I hope not. Just glad that Hubby can check on him a few hours into the cycle. We gave an 8% carb food for breakfast as opposed to the typical 1-4% carb food.

Today is my Thursday/Friday off, so it's really Friday work-wise for me and this makes me SO HAPPY! :)

Can't wait for 4pm to come today and I will start my 3 day weekend.

Hope you and your kitties have a good day!

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: yeah for 3 days :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice start and good strategy giving higher carb food to boost up a bit And gad that DH can hang with her until +4. Hoorah on the 3 day weekend!

4. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Hubby reports that Ozzy threw up his higher carb breakfast right before his +2. Dang! Ozzy went in the kitchen and immediately scarfed down the leftovers from his 5:30am meal and Hubby gave him a little more. Hubby said he was licking the bowls clean and thought maybe he was really hungry because he was headed for a low cycle. We noticed on two separate occasions Ozzy scarfed down food when his numbers were still in the safe range and then a few hours later he dropped low. It's like he knew what was coming or something.

So we are on alert. Hubby should be testing him again here in the next 10 minutes and I'll post an update.

5. Ozzy Pawzbourne

+4=88

Hubby has to leave and Ozzy still has some time until his nadir so Hubby put down some HC Weruva food (17% carbs). Hubby said Ozzy and Figgie were both so happy to have some tastier food and scarfed it down. They have their regular low carb in the feeder for later and Hubby is going to leave out a little MC in a bowl outside the feeder for Ozzy just in case he continues to dip down and needs to eat.

We wouldn't normally give HC for an 88 reading, but with no ability to monitor the rest of the cycle, Hubby wanted to be conservative and know that Ozzy is safe.

I'm feeling ok about today.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looking like a nice cycle today. I can picture Figgy high fiving Ozzy about the yummy fuds. :p

7. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Lol!!!

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Once again , DH to the rescue.....he is the BEST :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Ozzy Pawzbourne

I know...he's great. Sometimes I have wished that he would help with more stuff (drawing the insulin dose, filling up the auto feeder, more pokey tests), but he has really proved to be there when it matters most and that's more than I can ask for!!

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Jo

Sorry to have not been around lately to check in on you and Ozzy but we’ve had company. Looks like you had to increase the dose and it’s just what he needed. I know these numbers make you nervous when you can’t be there....I understand.

You and Bob have come so far since your first posts so I hope you realize all you’ve learned and give yourselves a huge pat on the back!!

Surf safely, Ozzy!!!

11. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Just checked Ozzy's SS, looks like bouncing tonight after the nice #s this morning. Oh, Well...you will be around for a few days and you can let him surf instead of having to over carb, so I bet you'll have some nice greens soon!

12. Ozzy Pawzbourne

@Marje and Gracie Thanks for checking in on us Marje. Hope you had a nice time with your guests. Yes, we finally did increase Ozzy up to .75U. He's on his 6th cycle tonight. He's gotten to blues most of these past 6 cycles and one cycle on green that we've recorded. His depot should be full with the higher dose after tonight so we will see how things go. He's back in the yellows tonight and staying flat so far...he may be bouncing from today's green... but won't know for sure yet until tomorrow or next day. Wish he wouldn't bounce on weekend cycles when I'm home because I can't really tell what his cycle is like without the bounce.... but this is what we deal with on a weekly basis..:eek:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  13. Ozzy Pawzbourne

@Taffysmama Thanks Julie...I was just responding to Marje's post from earlier and mentioned that he's probably bouncing again now. We don't know what happened after +4 today. Was just about to check in on you and Taffs. Headed to your condo now!

14. Ozzy Pawzbourne

+5=277. Yep, he's bouncing.

bounce.gif

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

LOL...that looks more like Taffy!!!

Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.