? 2-Apr Mav AMPS 92|+5.25 79|PMPS 194 late pm active cycles?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Last post

Maverick has been doing well, and I've been trying to find some balance between managing his FD and not being totally obsessed with it. He's playful multiple times a day and at night we play before bedtime, and he's just a happy little fella overall :smuggrin:.

I've been trying to catch some lower drops at night, since it seems his pm cycle nadirs are later than usual. Last night, I caught another one at +10=72. I stopped testing after getting 220 around +4.75, since he seemed to have slowed down from +3 of 250. So, I'm really confused on how to read this new pattern. Catching it seemed to have helped the AMPS, I think? Hard to say if he was lower than that before +10, I don't think it was under 50, but I'm thinking of trying to leave food for +8, maybe 3-5% carb to help him surf. He didn't bounce today (yet), I'm just puzzled at how he seems to flatten out around +5ish, then comes down much later in the cycle. Any thoughts on what else I should look for? His +2s have been consistently higher than preshot, so while I don't test, I feed 1/4 can FF. just trying to spare him unnecessary pokes.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice Mav report.:)

What is your current feeding schedule?

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  3. Christie & Maverick

I'm feeding 1/4 of a 5.5 oz can of 5% carb for breakfast and dinner, then I switch to 2-3% carb around 2 tsps each BG test. If the preshot is high yellows or pinks, I've been skipping the +2 test and feed altogether. I've been thinking I'm oversteering, but he's consistently 14.2 lbs although he could lose a little weight. Thanks, Wendy :)

ETA this feeding schedule has been consistent, I just got used to feeding early in the cycle, with each BG test.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  4. Christie & Maverick

+6.75=92 :D
    PMPS = 194, I'm glad Maverick decided to hang around on the beach for a while longer :cool:

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That's the important thing! Mav is cruising along nice today :D:cool:

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  6. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice report on a Maverick today. I love to hear that he is playing and happy! :cool:

Christie & Maverick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.