2018.03.07 - Emmett - AMPS - 305? -- too much or just wait a few more cycles?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Hey,

Sorry, I don't know the specific value this morning (the meter didn't seem to sync with my phone and I'm at work now...)

I believe it was around 305, fed him, 1hr later, around 350.

From my weekend curves, I'm actually wondering (like someone else mentioned the other day) if my dose is too high.

I had quite a few yellow PMPS values when at 2 IU. I am on my 4th cycle of 2.5 IU so maybe just wait and see? I had a great AMPS on Sunday morning but this time change has messed up my math.

Lowest pre-shot value I've had but he never seemed to dip that day just increase...dunno if I injected wrong or he's just being all wonky with the new dose.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I doesn't look like Emmett's dose is too high. In fact, it's probably still too low. With cats whose dose was started at a good starting dose (which you did) and increased systematcially with enough testing to know how low the dose is taking the cat, then you've been increasing safely. Since you are seeing blue on this dose, TR says to hold the dose 6-8 cycles before increasing. I wouldn't hold more than 8 cycles cause it's just high blues you are seeing, so far. (prove me wrong Emmett!) And by the way, you are doing a great job on the testing. Emmett could still be bouncing from blues, including that lovely one this AMPS.

3. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Yes, that's what I was wondering. Kitteh is just so strange. I can tell his thirst is still under control, so the Lantus is still working but the BG's are bouncing. And like Emmett, he always wants food. Buuuut, when I leave the room and sneak back in, he's there happy as anything, just relaxing. He's very much like Simon's Cat (on youtube if you haven't watched).

I will hold for the suggested 6-8 cycles and see how it goes. Wish I could work from home more so I could know what's going on!!

Rob

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I too am a fan of Simon's cat!

It's a bit counterintuitive at first, but the closer you get to a good dose you can see some bigger bounces. At least I did with Neko. On the good side, it meant she was finally starting to see some normal numbers - hence the bounces. The good news with Emmett is you are starting to see longer stretches of nicer numbers.

Here is the link to your last post here. We include those for history so people giving suggestions can see what happened before.

5. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Ah yes, I always forget the previous link post. I just figure there’s a spreadsheet haha. But I guess the prev link helps understand the situations before :)

6. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Well, just got home, did a +10.65 test. 13 (234). So not too bad. He probably had some blues while I was away. Updated spreadsheet.

7. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

11.9 (214) PMPS. Good job Emms! But the owner messed up and pretty sure I gave him a fur shot again! Damn! I hate it when I rub the fur and smell insulin! Not a lot though...perhaps some got in? But I think pretty unlikely “some” got in. I guess, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.