2020.05.14 Cairo AMPS 129

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SamB, May 14, 2020.

1. SamB

SamB Member

Sam & Esse likes this.
  2. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Nice blues for Cairo today!

SamB likes this.
  3. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

:cat: It takes six cycles (3 days) for the Lantus depot to stabilize. Every time you have to skip a dose, or give a smaller dose for safety (or sleep lol!) the counter resets. Cairo's depot should be full and stable at the .5u dose Saturday night -- if you don't need to skip or take a reduced dose. So from Saturday night onwards you'll be able to see the full effect of the .5u. I think you might have been a little disappointed with the slightly higher numbers today? :bighug: If so, don't be; they were excellent considering that Cairo's depot is adjusting to yesterday's skipped shot.

And I have a hunch (fingers crossed and knock on wood ;)) that you'll be very pleased with Cairo's progress this weekend. Although cats, being the contrary critters they are, sure do like to throw curve balls. So hopefully I didn't just jinx you and Cairo!

Have a wonderful night!

SamB likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sam, don’t forget that the pm cycle is just as important as the am cycle so try and get some tests in there too.
    Always try and get a before bed test in every night. If the before bed test is lower than the preshot it can mean an active cycle and you may need to set the alarm and get up later to check that Cairo hasn’t dropped lower.

SamB and Patricia & Noodle like this.
  5. SamB

SamB Member

I got a prebedtime test. She hates me so much now.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

No she won’t. Did you give her a treat.

SamB likes this.