21/5 Djoko: amps 553; pmps 320

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, May 21, 2020.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

2. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I dont know if he is out of a bounce but I have started to give Djoko cerenia every second day on the recommendation of the vet b/c of his ongoing pancreatitis (11.3 fPLI) and on the day he takes it, it seems to do better. However, wehave just started...
    This morning, I gave him at 7h30 and his shot is at 8. Well, at 9h15, his BG has decreased of 3. In the last couple days, I noted that the insulin onset is about 1h40 min (It can be as early as 1 hour sometimes).
    He has a libre this week so very easy to see whats going on.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Why every other day for Cerenia? It's a med that can be given daily. Was he vomiting or nauseous due to the pancreatitis?

Nice string of blues today.

4. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

Good question. I don't know. Can it be given daily long term without important side effects?

He would vomit at least every 18 days, sometimes twice a week. I note it in my ss to keep track. Since I took him with me in Jan, he has never spent more than 18 days or so without vomiting.
    I am feeding him with chicken weruva this week (less fat than FF can). I don't know if it makes a difference, maybe only the cerenia does.
    I am trying to see if there is a pattern whereby he does not do as well on the day he does not receive cerenia. Yesterday, he got very high and I don't know if he bounced because he did not drop that low and started at 20 which is not a bad number for Djoko.

I am glad for the blue :).

5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

In the last month, his appetite has been good. Last time he vomited, I gave him cerenia and an hour later or so he was eating. I can tell when he is in pain - he stays in a position (on his belly) head down so I give him anti pain when he tales this position and vomits. I guess it is linked.

6. Wendy&Neko

Neko was on Cerenia daily - but I would check with the vet before changing that.

Fat doesn't make that much a difference with cats. Maybe take a close look at the ingredients and see if there is something he is allergic too. Cats shouldn't be vomiting very often. Is the vomit food, fur, watery?

7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I read that too that in cats fat does not make a difference. He does not eat fish anymore. Chicken or turkey but I know these are not hypoallergenic ingredients. We don't know about allergies yet.
    I will ask thevet.

He vomits hairballs or food. He vomited something that looked like bile before too. He went outside 3 times in May and ate grass but did not vomit it. This was surprising. There is something wrong with intestines etc. She is not worried abt cancer right now because he has gained weight. He gained 1 kilo. He seems in better health overall. I make him run for his food and he seems to enjoy it - this is is moment of exercice in a tiny apartment.

8. Wendy&Neko

The Royal Veterinary College in England is planning a study of the gut in diabetic cats. There do seem to be a large number of cats with some gastrointestinal issues here. Apparently there is some link in diabetic humans too.