? 24-Dec: Tyler&Me AMPS=166 :+2=140 :+4.5=90 : +6=110 : PMPS=135 : +1=165

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start to the day! Cleared that bounce from that lime green like a commando!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  3. PussCatPrince - GA

That's m'boy. :)

Into Green so keep an eye.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Very nice cycle today!!

5. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Good cycle!! Love those days.

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PMPS=135 !

Reading the guidelines , it seems that I should not give the insulin. Is this correct please?

Soz for the tagging but my first time with this.

@Phoebes
    @Tracey&Jones
    @Wendy&Neko

& whoever else is about. Thanks

Tiz 9.30pm here.

(Note to self: ) Fed nothing but Iams grain free all day with a couple of poached chicken treats for good ears.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Are you following SLGS or TR for dosing? The answer differs depending on which dosing method. It helps us if you put either TR or SLGS in the signature.

8. PussCatPrince - GA

It would be SLGS I should think. Go slow. Have added to spreadsheet/
    I've had trouble sourcing food and the like as well not always being able to do the tests regularly daily.

Just had a reduced dose yesterday because of a lime green test result during the AMPS cycle.

9. Wendy&Neko

Thanks. You are right, you can't do TR if there is some higher carb food in the picture. SLGS has two parts to handling low preshot numbers. The first part is for newbies, the second part for when you've gathered some data. The idea is that you gradually lower the preshot number, as you become more comfortable doing so. You have shot a 151, and a 135 isn't far off that. One possibility is to stall, wait 1/2 hour and NOT feed, and test again to see if he's come up to a number you are OK shooting. Of course, that's providing you can monitor.

10. PussCatPrince - GA

Blast! We have already fed him. Soz.

Y'know. I read the guide over and over and still it doesn't really sink in. :(

11. PussCatPrince - GA

OK. I think I have messed this by us feeding him after his ear test.
    Part of that is we were told to always feed before a shoot by the vet & the idea that Ty might have a number that was a possible no shoot didn't actually occur to me until it just happened.

Better would have been to stall and test, although he was on his way down it seemed, & then to check several times over the next hour + to decide.

Meh ! :(

12. Wendy&Neko

Practically everyone does that the first time. The issue with feeding is that any subsequent tests you don't know if he's naturally up on his own, or going up because of the carbs in food. Next time!

OK, other options. You could skip - which is what brand new caregivers do with numbers under 150. Or if you can't move your subsequent shot times any later. You could give a reduced dose. Keep in mind if you do this that the depot will still have some influence over this cycle, so you may have to monitor. The other option, if your schedule permits, is delaying a couple hours and see if you feel comfortable shooting that delayed number. However, your schedule would then be a couple hours late and you'd have to work your way back to your regular shot time.

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

It's okay, I've done the same thing, many people have. I think it's better to have feed before shot in your head, it's a habit and keeps them safe. Now you know for the future if the number is low and you need some advice, stall without feeding. :cat:

14. PussCatPrince - GA

As it is now 10pm & a Christmas Eve to boot, I'll have to skip. Talk about learning the hard way. Fool that I am.

You're a star for getting back to me Wendy . Thank you.

& you Stacey. I remain in awe.

15. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

He will be fine, he recovered nicely from the missed shot on the 21st. Many of us have learned that lesson the hard way, but I think the info sticks better that way for next time! ;)

16. Wendy&Neko

Better safe than sorry. Plus you get to sleep well. Speaking of which, well past my bed time. Nighty night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.