29 April | Girlie | PMPS 67; NS PM; 30 April AMPS 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-3-65-cisapride-question.194687/#post-2178330

I've never had this low a PS number for Girlie (67) and I'm wondering whether I should shoot or not. Silly me - I fed her, so I probably should shoot her. It's just that her numbers have been going down again, so I'm not sure what she'll do, and I do have to get some sleep tonight. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

What I’m told and it makes since, if I shoot u will have to monitor, I just shot amps of 85 we’ve never been that low so I will have to test to make sure he doesn’t go hypo

Girlie's mom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

I waited and rested 15 min

Girlie's mom likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

5. Girlie's mom

6. Bellasmom

Yep I do, make sure u do too, hope u can get some rest, yes it’s 5:51am here

7. Girlie's mom

PMPS = 67
    +1= 74

8. Bellasmom

If you can shootand monitor I would feed and shoot, but u will need to monitor

9. Bellasmom

Just noticed you did a drop I would get a +2 if u can to make sure kitty is safe

10. Bellasmom

U r doing a awesome job, Girlie stay away from those sharks, smooth sailing

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good job shooting! You have plenty of data on Girlie and you should be able to shoot anything over 50 as long as you can monitor. Glad you got the +1 too and I would get a +2 to be sure.

Have you tried a small snack at the +9 PM to help bring down the AM numbers into green. Those darn AM numbers are always the last to come down but the small snack at +9 helps with that.

Girlie's mom and Bellasmom like this.
  12. Girlie's mom

Hi Bobbie! I actually didn't shoot. While I was dithering around trying to decide, an hour passed, so I didn't shoot. I'll be curious to see how she goes tonight and by the morning. Getting her something to eat even by AM +10:30 is making a huge difference in her PMPS. Now I just have to get up two hours early to wake her up to get her to eat so her AM numbers will come down! Now that the nights are getting chilly, all she wants to do is sleep under the covers cuddled up to me; she's not interesting in getting out of her warm cocoon to go heat! :rolleyes:

Bubba's numbers are looking really, really good. You must be very pleased!

13. Bobbie And Bubba

I see the NS now. The +1 tricked me. ;)

I can't respond to Bubba's SS because he reads his condos and whenever I brag on his numbers he does something stupid........LOL

14. Bellasmom

Same with Bella I’ve said nothing lol

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Mum's the word!

16. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hope Girlie stays nice and flat, it will be interesting to see if she can hold her own a bit into AMPS. She is looking terrific, I can't believe she's on just a drop :woot:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

On April 4th, you shot a 67 in the PM cycle. With Lev kitties, it's not uncommon to have the nadir around preshot. That means getting used to shooting low. It really helps your nerves if you have a good idea how many points she typically rises from her food. A few more +1 tests might tell you that. That plus knowing you still have several hours until onset for the numbers to keep coming up. Next time, trying waiting 15 minutes without feeding and see if the numbers are rising or falling. Worst case, you give a little higher carb food to give her a bit more of a boost before onset.

Gill & George and Girlie's mom like this.
  18. Girlie's mom

Thanks, Wendy, for catching that 4 April shot. Not sure why I got antsy last night. She's only 106 at this AMPS, so it looks like not shooting last night wasn't a tragedy, at least!

I made sure she had some food at her +9:30; that late snack really makes a difference in her numbers, for sure.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  19. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Great numbers after a NS, Girlie's looking great!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  20. Girlie's mom

Thanks! Hard to believe that a few days ago I was wondering whether I should increase her dose. :rolleyes: I think the enema really helped her on that front.

This morning I was surprised and pleased that she wasn't higher after the NS night before. I could feel her going down, though, all day yesterday, and I was sure she'd go down further through the night. I just got home from work and she's 95@ AM+9: time to try to convince her to have a bite to eat to try to get that PMPS down: and this time I won't flinch if it's low! :)

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.