29 Nov | Girle AMPS 70; +8=90 PMPS 122

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...s-248-all-insulin-ruined.187249/#post-2078434

AMPS 70: not sure whether I have shot this but was just on automatic pilot this morning! I'd call this shot "balls of very sleepy steel"... :woot:

She's still not keen on eating much. I gave her 16% food with AMPS - only ate 1/2 tsp. I might have to give her some Mirtazapine before I go in to work and leave some high MC or HC food just in case...

PM+9 on 28 Nov was also 70; she ate 1/2 tsp 12% as the 70 is a bit too close to AlphaTrak 68 go to number for me. Glad to see she stuck with that up to AMPS this morning.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Reason for edit: Put 74 instead of 70 in
    Stacy & Asia likes this.
  2. Girlie's mom

That's an interesting point, @Marje and Gracie : Her last poo was the huge puddle poo (vet calls it a cowpat!), so this is day 5 of no poo. If she doesn't poo today, then it's enema time for her tomorrow. Five days without poo would seem like a lot, but when Girlie had a substantial puddle poo before, and she got an enema at day 5 with no poo, not much resulted. It seems like these big puddle poos really clean her out; or perhaps she just is taking a long time as a senior for food to be digested and processed and ready for release (as it were)?

I'll re-read that constipation site - lots of good info there.

I'm going to go through my SS and notes to really try to identify the connection between all elements and poo: I need to make a special poo diary, I think! :p She hasn't had the Cisapride for several days due to the leakage issue; and I didn't give her Miralax last night - and no leaks overnight. But I'm making this up as I go along, and I need to be disciplined about figuring out patterns for all of this rather than trying a hit or miss approach, I think.

3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

FWIW from what I read, Lactulose will not cause a rise in BG#'s, the sugar in it is not the type that ends up adsorbed. I have tried everything and Lactulose is the only thing to really get Bronx to go when he's backed up.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Probably a little easier to push the plunger since she is supposed to have a later onset? Maybe this cycle will remind her? :rolleyes:

Good call to leave the food out, safe surfing, Girlie!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good job shooting today. :D Easier since she was basically flat from the night before. Some kitties do better on higher carb food, wonder if Girlie is one of them.

Good idea to track food and meds and the runs. That's how I found that Neko didn't tolerate the wheat in her HC at the time. So fun with a long haired kitty!:arghh:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  6. Girlie's mom

Oh, I can just imagine! Girlie has short hair as a Burmese, but I found it easier to cut out the poo bits that were stuck in her fur than try to wash them out. She's looking very patchy at the moment, though, poor thing!

It's so strange how well she's doing on such high carb food. I left this am and she was 104; she ate an entire can of 20% carb food while I was gone, but she's now 99. I honestly wonder where she would go if I gave her lower carb food: I imagine she'd really drop down to shark territory.

What I wonder, though, is whether this means that this dose (0.5 units of Levemir) is too high for her? I'll be home Friday night, all weekend, and can work all day from home on Monday. I wonder if I should test this out and give her low carb food and see if she earns a reduction - or just see if I can keep her in green as much as possible on this dose, even with MC and HC food? It's an interesting dilemma...

On the other hand, I love how steady she's been since Cycle 9: great numbers and getting better every day. I have to keep in mind that in only three weeks, I'm leaving her at the vet for nine days (21 - 30 December); I'd like her to be as stable as possible - even with high carb food - and at a dose that they can deal with so that her BG levels don't go too haywire while I'm gone.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

She just might be one of those cats that really does well on higher carb foods although 20% is not usually the way we approach it. However, ECID. She definitely looks better for whatever reason.

I don’t usually suggest giving unearned reductions unless the member can’t monitor and the dose needs to come down to keep the kitty safe.

Regarding dropping the dose and feeding LC, well you can try it. I have to wonder, though, if the higher carb is what is keeping her from diving but the higher dose is giving her more healing time. If you drop the dose and feed LC and she starts doing the dive bounce again, you can go back up and feed again like you were.

Sometimes I get :nailbiting: if we make changes when she’s finally looking great but I also see your point.

I think it’s an excellent idea to keep a poo diary.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  8. Girlie's mom

Now that I can focus on her more, I can certainly try 12 or 13% carbs to see if we can have more healthy green time instead of throwing the big guns at her just because I had to go to work or sleep. But looking at her SS - and knowing I have to go away and leave her with the vet in three weeks time - I'm also loathe to rock the boat.

I'd really like to find a solution for the poo stuff before I board her, if I can. Although they can give her Lactulose instead of the Miralax, at least, and see how she does with that. She'll have her own vet tech assigned to her who's lovely and will treat her well, so that's reassuring, at least.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. Girlie's mom

Poo leak in her bed (this time). Poor thing! I gave her a 1/2 Ondansetron wafer earlier: has anyone very heard of that leading to leaky poos?

She's getting an enema tomorrow as that will be day 6 with no poo (after horrible pudding poo and then all the leaks). She hasn't had any Miralax for several days now. I'm hoping that somehow this will help clear her up.

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

As always, your condo is an interesting and informative read... :) I hope Girlie's poo situation improves ASAP!! :bighug:

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I came across this picture and have to post after what happened with your flatmate leaving the fridge open. :p
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.