3/1/18 Olive AMPS 428; +7.5=447. Kt=0.2; PMPS 432; +4=316

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

No change here.

@Wendy&Tiggy(GA) @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) I will think about your suggestion. Tomorrow might be the perfect timing as she should have a pink start. What bothers me is her hard belly still.

Am I being obsessed by this? Could it just be I need patient pants and wait for the crack in the glass ceiling? Smokey would run high but never this flat for this long. My intuition says something isn't right.

Today hubby and I are going to find the other ER hospital. Just to see where it is. I hear they are more compassionate then the one I have always gone to. Maybe if it's a reasonable distance I will go in and see if I can talk with someone and if really lucky maybe get appt for u/s soon versus waiting till the glucose is better like Dr wants.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see some better numbers soon. It's frustrating when you're not sure what's going on. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

3. Olive & Paula

I call the ER to find out their address. I made u/s appt for the 7th.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I thought maybe with consistent food and the insulin that her belly would soften a little bit.

Glad you got the u/s booked it would leave me just concerned that I was missing something. Jones was quite bloated for a while when we first started getting food into him but the IBD had still not subsided. It finally went away just a couple of months ago. The IM kept telling me it was ok, nothing found on palpation or no discomfort but it left me really wondering.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Good idea on the U/S. I know these numbers are discouraging but just keep following the protocol. Glad Wendy mentioned the fast tracking. Also agree to wait a bit on the Acro/ IAA test. She’s so new to insulin and your home. I’ve seen many high and flat cats but they all find that dose. Hang in there

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

All good suggestions above! I have nothing to add except these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Olive & Paula

Ketones 0.2 which is lower than the first one I got. The +7.5 surprised me as she is normally lower by this time of day. The ER is about 40 minutes away. Coming home day of appt will be rough as it will be rush hour and this highway always has problems. And since she is diabetic they do not want her fasting, her routine is to stay the same.

We are due for big snow storm tonight up to 8". Good thing I don't need to go anywhere tomorrow.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to hear you are getting a sonne U/S appointment. I hope the vets there are easier to deal with.

Olive, down please girl!

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you were able to get an appt. for next week. Sending vines for some answers from the U/S. I hope you like the new ER.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad you aren’t waiting for an ultrasound. The sooner you find out what if anything is going out the better hoping it’s nothing and you can just deal with the diabetes. My first cat had acne and she was on clavamox. Never found out why. It was an allergy to something. Often it’s plastic but I wasn’t feeding her on plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.