? 3/10/18 - Luci - AMPS - 231 ,2+212,4+186,6+194, 8+203, PMPS 215, 2+ 233, 5+224, 10+311

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-134-8-229-pmps-300-2-297-4-294-6-314.192300/

Just about the time I'm thinking Luci is agreeing to allow her BG to go down (in the morning she was in the blues yesterday)...but she follows her regular pattern of going higher and higher still...

I'm thinking Monday morning another dose increase is in order. Unless she does something exciting this weekend in the lagoon - looking back at her SS that doesn't seem to be something she does out of the blue - only in response to an increase - and then it's short lived.

I was wondering if her food was causing her BG to increase so I went through all her cans of FF pate and marked the amount of carb on the bottom of every can - her routine cans consisted of fish based at 3 or 4% to the highest for Flaked Tuna Feast at 9%. Beef at 5%, chicken and turkey types were also in the 4%-5% range. All of the gravy types are in the Emergency Drawer - those are between 13-23% for pulling her up from a hypo event. She doesn't get any kibble. Her treats consist of freeze dried salmon or chicken - and I've been limiting her to one or two (if they're small) as a reward for all the pokes.

2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hang in there. It’s so frustrating when you feel like you are doing everything right and their numbers continue to go up. She will get there. If someone would have told me Gizmo would be down to 2 units last week ... I would have laughed and told them they were crazy. :p It really is a roller coaster ride with your emotions. Just take it day by day. :bighug:

Today is cycle 5 from her last greens. She might be clearing a bounce this cycle or tonight’s cycle.

3. Sue and Luci

Thanks for your encouraging words! Sometimes it feels so lonely to be testing constantly (feels like constantly to me!)...I'm nervous whenever I leave the house - worried and anxious to get back to Luci - to make sure she's not taking a dive! And my reward for all of this testing ... her numbers are going UP! OR she does one of those nosedives and scares me half to death...whewwwwww! I'm exhausted all the time :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Anyway...back to the numbers...I'm hoping not to have to increase - perhaps she will clear this bounce and settle in nicely with some gentle blues and then a few greens...but that hasn't been her style...putting on my patience pants - but still thinking that Monday might be the day for another increase...just thinking...:bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I still think you have to wait for Luci to break this bounce before increasing.

@Wendy&Neko, your thoughts please!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Bouncing is sure frustrating for sure! She just gave you some greens 5 cycles ago, so I would let the bounce clear after 6 cycles ( which would be after tonight's cycle and see where she lands. Her AMPS numbers are all ready going lower since those greens and I suspect she'll be showing you some more greens by tomorrow.

This is where the patience pants comes in handy. I know: They are hard to wear. :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, out of town today. I will look later.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you don't see green tonight, I would increase tomorrow. As Bobbi said, hopefully she'll clear that bounce tonight.

8. Sue and Luci

Unfortunately, Luci didn't show us any green last night. So it looks like tomorrow will be an increase by .25 u. for a total of 2.25 u. I'll be here all day to watch for that plunge - seems like that's her style. Either on the first or second day of a dose increase she likes to go fast/deep into the lagoon - I will try to ease her into it and get her to surf with MC or HC food and frequent testing. Makes me so nervous when she goes to the lagoon - but I know that's the whole point of this exercise!
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.