3/10/18 Olive AMPS 417; +6=362; PMPS 370

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Today I am taking Olive to the assisted living facility to meet my dad an a few of the staff members who are cat people and amazed cats get diabetes. And they were dumbfounded that she came from Canada and how it all happened. Olive is a really good kitty for visiting as she loves head scratches and doesn't hide. Of course treats will be involved, yes low carb (VE dehydrated freeze dried raw nibs). My father has been asking to see her but weather has been to stormy, so today is the day. And she will go in her stroller since she gained another 1/2 lb and is now 11 lbs. She will hopefully associate stroller with fun times and not always trips to vets. I just have to make sure no one touches her belly.

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Have a great day! It’s wonderful and she will definitely bring joy to your dad and others.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That sounds great. I hope everything goes perfectly.

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope Olive enjoys her day!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's great you can take her. I hope everyone enjoys it. :bighug::bighug:

6. Olive & Paula

Olive enjoyed her visit. Made herself right at home. She was quite interested in the window. Checked out the closet, bathroom and at one point decided she wanted to go for a walk. Once in the hall she sat for awhile looking both ways and decided to go back into the room. When I left to go check on my father's wash my dad said she sat at the door waiting for me. She got lots of ooohs and ahhhhs and the nurse and one aide gave lots of head and cheek scratches. I have to get a new harness as the one I used is quite old and dried out. The ones they have for cats are small and the ones for dogs in the size she would need are bulky. But will keep looking. 20180310_140318.jpg 20180310_145913.jpg

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Great report, Paula. Olive sounds so acclimated that she can go to a totally new place and adapt. What a cat!
    Glad your dad got to meet her.

Olive & Paula likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a great thing you did today for your Dad at the assisted care living place! So glad that Olive is a nice traveler and wasn't stressed out by it all. :bighug::cat::)

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

10. Olive & Paula

Osha and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  11. Olive & Paula

Yes she just makes herself at home, she is so laid back. Didn't need any medication to do her ultrasound. Tux and PJ, no way.

12. Olive & Paula

Messed up the time change a wee bit. And decided to do her shots 30 minutes earlier than what we are currently. With her I don't think it will be a problem.

It's been 4 cycles on this dose. Tomorrow is dosecrease, for the experts should I hold dosecrease 6 cycles so depot can catch up like we did before?

REMINDER, PLEASE DO NOT NOT COPY US. OLIVE HAD TO BE FAST TRACKED AND WE JUST FOUND OUT SHE HAS SOME KIND OF ADRENAL TUMOR.

13. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

How nice that Olive and Grandpa Bean got to spend some time together!

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a great visit report! Neko had the kitty holster on our trip to Fort Collins. It was mostly on just the upper part of her chest. The Velcro closure gave you lots of room to play with how tight you wanted it to be.

Feel free to take Olive up tomorrow, if you don't see yellow tonight. She might be seeing yellow in the wee hours, so I might hold the next dose the full six cycles for the depot to catch up.

15. Olive & Paula

Thank you Wendy. I figured it would be the same as before. Might be a good schedule to keep until things change. I am going to try to get a wee hour test in, but no promises.

Glad to know about the kitty holster. Couldn't really tell from the pictures. I've had my sights on it for PJ and Tux for awhile now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.