3/12/18 Olive AMPS 414; +3=378;+6=297; +10.5=360; PMPS 434; +5.5=256 ECHO RPT

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

A few hours in yellow last night is progress. Likes her morning reds though. This afternoon is her echo. Just had her mid morning snack and now washing her face very fastidiously. She had a normal pee ball this morning!!!!!!!!. :woot: Sorry I got excited over that. The craziest things make us happy!!!!! :smuggrin:

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

You betcha! I cheer when Allen has a big poop! :woot::woot::rolleyes:

Olive & Paula likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Sending vetty-vines to Olive! It was nice seeing those yellows yesterday!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for a normal pee ball! Sending good vetty vines.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck this afternoon.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Vetty vines.

7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well with the echo. I wonder if Olive is grooming herself to look extra gorgeous for today’s vetty visit . ;) Vetty vines galore:bighug::bighug:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

More echo vines on their way.

Grooming and a good sized pee. Awesome. Sounds like the dose is starting to make some headway.

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

More vetty vines on the echo.

She sounds like she is doing great!

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Hope the echo goes well and yay for normal pee clumps! Even if it’s not obvious in her numbers yet, that’s proof she is feeling better. :bighug:

11. Olive & Paula

She is having a good day so far. Another yellow, eyes bright and alert. She just had her +6 meal, jumped on the couch, groomed and now sleeping. Breathing is a bit rapid and she is making her raspy sound but she seems comfortable. Insulin looks like it's starting to work, the gabapentin 3x a day makes her comfortable. All considered she is doing and looks so much better than when she arrived here. We will get her through these unknown obstacles the best we can.

Dyana and Kris & Teasel like this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good echo vines coming your way and YEAH for grooming and a normal pee ball. Yes, the little things make us so happy in this dance. :kiss:

13. Olive & Paula

Cardiologist said she was good. Definitely older than 5 yrs. Quite a few teeth missing. Written report says this.

Grade II/VI systolic left apical murmur. Where is the III.

Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (hcm) mild.

Prognosis fair.

Listed anesthesia she should not be given. Says she doesn't need meds at this time.

I'm not quite sure what to think.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

I know nothing about heart issues so all I can offer is these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

16. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Let this news settle for a bit. Maybe others here with +++ knowledge can weigh in.

17. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

My Bengal boy has a mild heart murmur that they are watching for HCM. A grade 2 murmur is considered a low-grade murmur; the scale goes to 6. The strength of the sound does not always indicate the degree of the heart disease, though. Her prognosis should be pretty good - sounds like you caught it before it got too bad - but you will need to have periodic echos done to determine when/if she may need medication for it. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Murmurs are graded as I through VI of VI so a grade II murmur of VI is not a big deal. I’ve had cats that were III of VI. The murmur is usually indicative of a leaky valve which can be insignificant.

The cardiologist that @Doodles & Karen and I use said that research indicates we all have leaky valves but some are just a little noisier than others. A cat can have no murmur and have advanced HCM or V/VI mumur and no HCM.

Did he give you a written report? HCM is one of those conditions that can remain stable a long time or not. ECID. She’s part Maine Coone, right? It’s good he thinks it is mild enough she doesn’t need meds but I’d ask if if there are any preventive supplements she can take to keep it from progressing. I don’t know if it’s still applicable but it used to be recommended to give CoQ10. I bet there’s a good FB group on HCM. There was a great one on yahoo but I don’t know if it still exists.

20. Olive & Paula

Marje, thank you. Yes I have a written report. So the murmur is 2 out of 4. Didn't know that's how it was written (II/VI). Makes sense now. When I asked about supplement or meds to help the only thing he suggested was omega benefits fish oil supplement by VRS. He ordered that for Smokey also. Just the written surprised me because he said he didn't see anything major. To me a murmur and hcm is major. I have to stop comparing to Smokey.

Looks part MC to me and regular vet thinks Persian or Himalayan. 3 breeds predisposed to hcm. That is why I had the cardiopet test done.

21. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sending more hugs to you and glad that Marje doesn't think her murmur is a big deal. Glad you caught this early. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's 2 out of 6 on the murmur. VI=six, IV = four.

23. Olive & Paula

Good thing I had my eye done today. Although it has nothing to do with vision. I will blame it on getting up at 6:30 instead of 7. My story and I'm sticking to it...........

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  24. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It’s two out of six, not four. So I wouldn’t worry.

Well, I find that cardiologists always err on the side of caution. Tobey and had three echoes because he has PVCs and a left fascicular bundle branch block. Fancy name but doesn’t mean much. Dr. C (world’s greatest and most handsome cardiologist) told me no thickening and no HCM. But in the report it said “can’t rule out potentially developing HCM”. When I called him, he’s said it’s just so I figured it ever develops, the client doesn’t come back and say “you said he didn’t have HCM”. I see his point. If you want to scan and link the entire report, I’d be glad to look at it for you.

Because her cardiopet BNP is normal, I wouldn’t worry. You could have that tested annually. I also give Tobey Nordic Naturals Omega Pet 3.

:bighug::bighug:

25. Olive & Paula

Marje and Gracie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.