3.12 Nelli +6.5 125, PMPS 168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Not feeling any better than YESTERDAY
    Im very sad... I was reading over Nelli last few Vet notes from visits. 2/28 I noticed Vet listed “Suspect Gastric Lymphoma”
    Nelli has a vet appointment late this afternoon, I am going to ask for clarification on this statement!
    Nellie is very quiet today as she was yesterday. Not active, clearly appears to be in some pain.

I am going round and round with the vet who owns the practice, not Nelli’s regular regarding the prescriptions of Bupe which has been given to me ever since Nelli‘s surgery to clean out maggots…
    I have grown to believe Vet (owner the practice) is questioning whether- my asking at each visit (since surgery) for more Bupe- I, instead of Nelli (!?!) am taking the Bupe!
    Obsurd and I am very offended, at minimum.
    I realize that Bupe is not a long-term pain management drug.

She was given a script for GABA and we tried it for 10 days… No obvious affect other than very tired.

I will talk with vet (owner of practice is who we are seeing today), about Bupe again today.
    I have done much research and have white papers, documentation to show her and discuss the use of Bupe for chronic pain.
    Nelli is somewhere between 19 and 21 years old. I don’t want Nelli to be in pain all the time.
    Bupe had an amazing effect on Nelli. She was playing (realized it’s been at least year plus), feeling great “UP” and active :cat: :):cat:
    I will be back in touch this evening. As always, thank you so very much for your continued interest in Nelli :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can get the bupe for Nelli. That is ridiculous for the vet to act that way toward you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Carla- It’s absurd! Forgot to mention... last visit asked and was given three syringes, .03ea.
    When I got home later that evening went to give her an injection the syringe is had no needles? Went back the next day and thought it was just an oversight on their behalf, right? Well, no. Vet did not want me injecting all of a sudden wants me to put in mouth. Previously, always given injections?
    Reluctantly gave me needles?!? Needles were so fat must have been 15g. Expressed this that they were way too fat to stick in her body. One more suspicion of mine- giving me very fat needles so of course if I was using they’d be too fat for me. Whole trip very Bizzarre. Bizarre to me that I seem to be on the Bupe blacklist!?!
    -Always have shown up dressed very professionally, business logo shirt, etc. See no reason other than my continuously asking for more Bupe for Nellie? Had always been injection before? At Surgery was initially given oral.Tried one and it was a joke trying to get in her little mouth. Ended up all down her chin and chest. Went back to vet with other two syringes for an exchange- was happily given injections without even a thought? ... by her regular vet.
    I’ve decided against confronting this... today. Instead I am going to layout why I think Nelli (we) need to have on hand (the effect of Bupe last for couple days :cat:). At minimum my hope is to get her to give shot while there- sending me home with none. I am (unusually) sad today, I might probably have a real meltdown while discussing-
    On a high note... nelli and I spent a couple hours laying in bed talking and cuddling this morning, spent an extra amount of quality time together :bighug: :cat: :)

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I sure hope you’ll be able to get Nelli’s bupe without more hassles. The vet’s attitude toward you is unprofessional and unwarranted .

I hope you and your girl will enjoy lots more morning cuddles.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  6. Krystina & Nelli

@carfurby, Carla and @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Ella...
    All went well. A very lengthy and satisfying visit :). Tonight, we are (now) happy and pleased :).
    I am exhausted... long long work day and my little buddy added to the... exhausted :cool: :) :oops: :-|
    Will post results in AM.
    Thanks again for your interest in Nelli :bighug:

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Not true. Neko was on buprenorphine long term for her arthritis pain. And by the way, human size doses are much larger. You wouldn't get much joy from a cat size dose. :p Can't imagine the vet thought that. However, being a controlled substance, there is probably paperwork the vet has to file for it. You might want to ask for a prescription to get filled at a compounding pharmacy. That way you don't have to keep going back to the vet. Bupe was also a game changer for Neko.

8. Krystina & Nelli

Hmmm, you obviously know first hand which I largely appreciate hearing this although through research I could not find to use with vet, stating case. On ivapm.org I read this chronic pain as an example. Thanks again for sharing your experience :bighug:

Early on this was my first question and restated again more than once... humans are using this dose amount to feed their addiction and it’s an effect amount? “Mmmmhuh, YES”
    I just couldn’t believe that a dose size for 15lb Nelli would be enticing to steal for any addict :rolleyes:
    OMG, Wendy... a game changer? I didn’t realize how painful/disabling? Nelli arthritis had become. Bupe took her right back in time to a couple years back :cat: :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Wendy totally. I used a low dose of bupe for years for my old, arthritic kitty. He got it twice daily and I had it compounded.

The usual way that CGs are given bupe to administer to kitty is in a syringe without a needle and you squirt it in their cheek pouch. Most people don’t inject bupe at home; I don’t even do it :) When I’ve had to give it post surgery, I just do the cheek pouch method and when I’ve had a cat with chronic, long-term arthritis pain, I get it compounded with no artificial sweeteners (including maltodextrin) and have them add a yummy flavor like chicken. Easy peasy.

11. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Just an FYI: Bube can cause increased constipation. Bronx would not allow me to do it in the cheek, he was willing to break his neck to get away so I did it SubQ.