3/13 Aurora AMPS 74, +5.5 59

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole Z, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Morning all! Well, Miss Aurora is at 74 right now, hesitant to shoot anything I guess I can try just letting the vacuum suck it up and see what happens.
    This would be .01

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Surf safely for your beans Aurora!

Good luck! :bighug:

Nicole Z likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job shooting. Surf safely Aurora. She is looking good.

Nicole Z likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I see a party in the near future!

Mandy & Rex (GA) and Nicole Z like this.
  5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I just checked out the SS and you had a bunch of NS with 0.25u. The pressing and releasing of the plunger is actually called the drop dose. It's less than 0.1u, which I think you meant to say. I think the drop dose is the best way to do it until it's time to attempt an OTJ trial!! :D:D

Nicole Z likes this.
  6. Nicole Z

Yes, drop dose!
    Ok so press plunger once I insert into the pen and release and remove/inject
    That's what I did this morning so I'm glad I did that correct. I will have hubby check her at +3 or +4 and see where she's at.

7. Nicole Z

+5.5 she's at 59
    I told hubby to give her some FF with gravy. I really don't know if even doing to drop dose is the way to go with her being so low.....do you think I should just have my pet sitter only test her in AM and PM and record #'s? She can text me and I can guide her if she's getting into the 90's maybe to give her a drop dose at that time? I just don't want any issues while I'm away.

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

59 is safe and she's probably close to nadir so HC wasn't really needed .. unless you know Aurora nadirs late in the cycle.

When will the pet sitter start?

9. Nicole Z

tomorrow evening

10. Mandy & Rex (GA)

In that case, since Aurora went to 59 on a drop today, I would suggest that you try no insulin with the pet sitter since she can't monitor. Do have her test when she can so you have the data. Then if Aurora stays in good green numbers during your absence, I think it would be the start of the OTJ trial!

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.