3/14 PHOEBES AMPS 137 +4 98 +6 88 Pmps 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's great to hear. I hope she keeps eating for you. Sending prayers.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Happy birthday! Lap cats are the best. :kiss:

You asked in Dante's condo today about reducing on a week of green. That means a week of solid green, no blues like you saw this morning.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I didn't want to hijack the thread where you asked me about reducing with numbers are in normal range for a week. A lot depends on the cat. Since Phoebes is over a year since diagnosis, you likely have a good feel for how well she handles reductions. If she does well, try to reduce. If she doesn't hole the reduction increase back up.

My understanding is that it's a week in normal range. You do want the majority of numbers to be green but if there are a couple of low blues, you're likely to be OK with reducing.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. Phoebes (GA)

Is the reduction by half units or whole?

6. Phoebes (GA)

The blue was from food this am. I put higher carb down in middle of night because she wasn't eating thru the day.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

At Phoebe's size of dose, the reduction is by 0.5 units. Below 5.0 units dose, you go to 0.25 unit reductions. Phoebe still has more blue than green preshots, so I don't think she qualifies for the "normal numbers for a week" reduction. But you can always try it and see if it works, especially if you are losing sleep over her numbers.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.