3/14 Rex BG 100 and slightly better

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy & Rex (GA), Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Constipation

The saga continues...

I brought Rex down to the litter boxes before I went to bed last night and he tried, but only got a few drops of diarrhea. I thought it was interesting he didn't need to pee.

This morning, he was more like himself (fast to purr and came for pets) and he didn't make any messes in the bathroom overnight. He did drink some water I left in the bathroom. He ate some, but not all, of his breakfast. He went into the litter box and passed a small hard clump and some drops. Still no pee, though. His butt is a lot cleaner so he must have used that water to keep himself hydrated while cleaning the area.

I'm waiting for the vet to call. But I don't feel like it's as much an emergency like it was last night. Rex is happy and sleeping on the couch (covered with a blanket!).

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rex is doing better this morning. I hope you can get something from the vet for the constipation. Sending prayers.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Awwwww.... glad he's doing better today...Sending warm vines your way.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sounds like he is doing so much better. Hope he gives a nice normal poop soon.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Poop vines are being sent to Max. Poor kitty. Glad he is feeling better.

7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

So glad he is feeling better! It would be good for a vet to feel his abdomen and assess how much work needs to be done. If the stool is large or hard, they should show you how to feel it to determine when it is a problem.

Very happy to hear he is eating and drinking! You will want to confirm he is peeing at some point today.

8. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Continued poopy vines!

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Sorry for being off the grid. We actually had plans to leave town to spend the day as a family because my son is on spring break this week. After seeing how well Rex was doing this morning, we decided to go ahead with our plans. I didn't hear from the vet until right before we left and he didn't ask to see Rex. He prescribed 2 different meds that I felt were wrong so I think the vet tech may have given him wrong details or left out some of what I observed. One was lactulose (helps with constipation) and one was metronidazole (anti-diarrheal and antibiotic). The diarrhea wasn't really diarrhea if it was because the passageway was blocked, right? The vet didn't mention doing an enema.

Rex finished all of his food tonight! :woot: He's acting 100% himself again. His butt is totally clean like yesterday didn't happen and the anus looks normal. I'll bring him to the litter boxes before I go to bed, just to see what he does. The house was clean! :)

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad he is better!!

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Metronidazole also has some anti-inflammatory properites. Could be the vet prescribed it in case the bowels are thickened or inflammed.

I hope Rex stays on the highway to health,

12. Mandy & Rex (GA)

If Rex continues to do well, do you think I should do the meds?

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I wouldn't unless he needs it.

14. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. That photo is fantastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.