3/15/18 Olive AMPS 401; +3=415 @ vet; +7=252; PMPS 390; +4=445

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Off to vet in about 30 minutes. Poor Olive confined to a room hoping she will accommodate us with a urine sample for the UCCR test to take with us. Have to clean another 6+" of snow from car and driveway. I am so done with this winter.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck with the vetty appointment and I hope that Olive obliged with a sample.

I am with you on done with winter. It could jump into summer for me and I would be very happy. Never did get used to these dang winters up here with all you Yankees, LOL !

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vetty vines to Olive!
    I too am done with winter. We don't have much snow right now but it's too cold!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good vetty vines and safe travel prayers.

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Vetty vines...and I couldn't agree more about winter!

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for Olive!

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for Olive.

Yes, I agree, winter can be gone now. And it is not snowing here like it is out east.

8. Olive & Paula

We are in for another storm Tuesday I believe. Some of us Yankees don't like the winters but the summers are better than the South.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

She didn't cooperate with the urine until after she was back in the stroller and then went on puppy pad. It figures. So tomorrow morning we try again. He won't do a cysto on a cardiac cat. Wants the uccr before doing other blood tests. Hold off on acro test until she is on insulin long enough to do IGF. Regardless there isn't anything we can do about the mass. He said to just keep upping the dose. One thing he said I didn't know was you can have DKA without showing ketones. He is starting benazepril for the hcm. I'm to watch for her passing out since it lowers the blood pressure. Like I need anything else with her. I gave him the page from lev manufacturer where Dr can get free samples. He is going to look into it. So far the Lantus doesn't seem to bother her. Maybe because it's still cold from fridge, it's only out maybe 5 minutes before she gets it. So we persevere on our journey.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I’m glad he’s starting the benazapril. Tarragon took it for years and his HCM didn’t progress.

You’ certainly having a late winter and hope Spring will show up soon.

12. Olive & Paula

She will be on 1.25 mg 2x day. Dr said it can drop blood pressure, I didn't look it up yet. I'm to watch for passing out. So now it's a tumor that can rupture and kill her instantly and passing out. Remind me why I'm doing this again.

13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Because you have a big heart. :) And she is a sweetie.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Olive & Paula

She is a sweetie :kiss:

15. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It's a low dose and IMHO I think he's exaggerating. Yes, it is a side effect but all drugs come with potential side effects.

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Ditto what Tracy said :bighug::bighug::bighug:

BTW, another potential interaction is it could lower BG's https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=332-0,1344-803 Just something to be aware of.
    Interactions between your drugs
    Moderate
    benazepril insulin glargine
    Applies to: benazepril, Lantus (insulin glargine)
    Using benazepril together with insulin or certain other diabetes medications may increase the risk of hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar.

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Do you know what Olive's blood pressure is now? Neko's was around 140 (depending on how stressed she was) before starting benazapril and it stayed around the same after a couple years. Neko was on the same dose, but she was a big girl, 13-14 lbs. It didn't lower her BG either.

I've heard Lantus stings less when warm. I used to hold the syringe between my fingers for a while to try to warm it up.

Tumour rupture?! :eek:o_O Poor baby.

17. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

18. Olive & Paula

I don't know the BP. I don't remember anyone getting one either. Strange now that I think of it. I wish I had him write down the 2 we hope it's not. One of them if it ruptures is fatal. It can not be biopsied for that reason.

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

UGH! :bighug:

20. Wendy&Neko

The cardio vet probably took a BP. You call and see if they have it.

21. Olive & Paula

Wouldn't it be on the report? Report is in signature. I don't see where it is.

22. Wendy&Neko

Not always in the report. I had to ask once.

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hi Paula, I hope you get some good news soon!

We have 2 feet of new snow. It's beautiful, but too deep to go off the beaten path on woods trails. Tomorrow I'm going to x-country ski at one of the local x-c ski areas.

Scritches for Olive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.