3/17 Rusty. reduction. AMPS 143, +5.5 26(!), +7 51, +9 93, PMPS 219, +5 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

After the 37 yesterday evening we took the fat off Rusty's dose and went back to 0.25U (0.20mm on the digital calipers, Monoject syringe--down from 0.25mm). So what do we get today, courtesy of the depot?: 26! No hypo symptoms. Gave a drop of Karo in his lunch, got a nice, gentle rise, and now comes the bounce.
    Rusty has had pretty good breathing today and good appetite until dinner (but I'm going downstairs now to hold his bowl).

It was a cold, sunny, very windy day. I wanted to go out and play in the snow, but last night I felt as if I were getting a cold, and, sure enough, today it materialized. I probably picked it up in NYC. I hope it's not the flu, but it feels like a cold. So I drank some Aquavit, had tea with Manuka honey (I don't normally drink tea), and took it easy. Tomorrow I'll make some chicken soup.

We are worried that our huge icicles will drop and cause damage. The huge one is now about 15 feet long and fused with the smaller icicles next to it. We are watching, but don't dare try to knock them down. We'd kill ourselves!

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  2. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

26?! Rusty! :eek:

Hope you're feeling better soon.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yikes on that 26. I'm glad Rusty came up for you. I hope he clears the bounce soon. I'm glad his breathing was better today. Maybe the icicles will just melt.

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Holy Moly Rusty! :eek::eek::eek:

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

i guess you don't have a snow rake for your roof. The pole is so long that you could knock it down from a distance. The other possibility would be to use a broom from upstairs and just lightly tap it and see if it falls in parts.

Scritches to Rusty and good breathing vines too....

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Could you maybe use a hose so you can stand safely away from them but knock them down?

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Rusty, we all know you take your job as LagoonMeister seriously, but you really don't have to get such a close look at the shark nets. They are perfectly visible from a safer distance.

I hope the good breathing and good appy continue. Sending vines for that, and also some go away cold vines for you, Ella.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Woah there Rusty! Were you playing with the Leprechauns yesterday? Glad he's eating well for you.

Those icicles are sure pretty but oh so dangerous. Be careful.

Feel better Ella.

9. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope there’s enough sunshine and warm in the air for the icicles to dispense on their own.

Omg Rusty! Surfing is good but 26 isn’t surfing! Hope today will be stay in the :D day.

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s low and happy it’s goign well. You can keep the icicles, I want the sunshine so I can golf

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Our windows are painted shut (on purpose, for insulation, we open the screened-in porches in warmer weather) and we have storm windows, too, that clip in from the outside, so the window route is not possible. We do have an extension pole, but these icicles are so massive that I think it would be dangerous to try to break them. We're just going to wait and see.
    This morning it was -12 degrees F.!!

12. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

UGH!:banghead: Stay warm and cozy! And hope the icicles will melt gently and soon.;)

13. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:woot:Rusty! That was a low one. Glad to hear he was breathing easier. Sending lots of breathing vines your way.
    Hope you feel better and beat that cold.

I’m almost inclined to say leave the icicles alone and they should melt slowly once the temps rise...although who knows when that’ll be:rolleyes: I think we’re all ready for spring now:p

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

we agree and that's what we're going to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.