3/18 FROSTY, amps 398, +3 391, +5 270

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ana & Frosty (GA), Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

link to last post

Started on 1 unit today. I am questioning whether the amps was accurate given that the +3 is pretty much the same number. I had to dip the test strip into the blood multiple times because I didn't get enough blood the first time, and sometimes I think that when I do that, the number comes out lower. Not sure if that's true or not... has anyone noticed a pattern?

Thinking of following the TR protocol if I can get enough testing in the next 2 days (Monday, Tuesday). I might try testing at night since I am not home during the day. We will see. I like the idea of increasing by 0.5 units if his nadir is >300 and by 0.25 units if it's >200 to get him better controlled quicker. But I will see whether or not it works for us.

Ana

2. Ana & Frosty (GA)

+6 217, +7 232 , +9 156 ... then while we were putting away groceries he broke into the kitchen (it's a swing door but was closed) and stole a bag of bagel, and took a quarter sized bite out of the everything bagel. :banghead::banghead::banghead: I can't with this cat :( Where is the crying face anyway? Now all the data for the next few days will be inaccurate. UGH

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Woohoo for blue! :cool: At least you can forget about those 0.5 unit increSes for now.

Now about that bagel Frosty. :banghead: FWIW, muffins, banana bread or baguettes would influence Neko's numbers for about 24 hours. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Multiple dips in blood never worked for me. Numbers weren't accurate, but might depend on the meter. Better to throw away the strip and start again. Or retest with a new strip and see if your meter can handle multiple dips.

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  4. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Thanks for your response. Glad to hear I’m not the only one with a thief on my hands :arghh: we are so careful about letting him in the kitchen and keeping him away from other pets’ and our food, and somehow he still managed to sneak by us once in a while. Can’t he steal chicken or something.. why does it have to be carbs :eek::facepalm: I guess we’ll see what his pre shot is tonight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.