3/20 Ming PMPS = 416, +3 = 391

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ing-to-start-levemir-need-some-advice.212144/

:arghh: will check for ketones when the boy pees.

I went to buy Levemir but Wal-Mart has to order it for me. I didn't try Safeway because I was around Wal-Mart anyway. Excited to give Levemir tomorrow night!!!!

Some sad news: A cat emergency came in. He was very limp. Had a temp of 34.7 (or 94.5 F)and a pressure of 20!!!!!! A wonderful tech spent all morning getting him stable before transferring him to our local large emergency hospital (Canada West).

The cat was in DKA and had a BSL of 677. I know everyone here emphasizes and warns tirelessly about the dangers of DKA and I finally got to witness a case like that. The cat wasn't diagnosed with diabetes prior to this event. He was getting bolus fluids, meds and oxygen and heat. Before we transferred him, his temp was at 36.7 (98 F) and he actually lifted his head to look at us. I hope he's doing okay. It's always very painful for me to see diabetic animals in hospital.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Superstore also has decent prices for Lev. And always had it in stock, as did Safeway. I am surprised Walmart didn’t.

Sad story about the DKA kitty. The ICU vets at CW are good and kind, hope he does well. Even if the oxygen kennels are in the dog area.

Crista & Ming likes this.