3/20 Rosie PMPS 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rose really threw me for a loop today. Her numbers have been high, and each time I test, I have been thinking to myself it would be nice if the number was less than 300. So today at AMPS, I had to do a double take when I saw 55. I did re-test and got 48. Just when I think I know what is going on, she throws me a curve ball.

So... What is going on? Well @Wendy&Neko asked 5 days ago if she was constipated. I didn't think so, but evidence has increased in the last few days including a few of her signature moves (i.e. poop on the couch). So, I have been doing enemas over the last 2 days. With some progress on the poop front, her BG has taken a nose dive. So glad I didn't make any further increases or panic at the 400 I got yesterday!

She wasn't very interested in food last night or this AM, which is very unusual for her. I decided if she didn't eat by noon we would visit the vet. She did eat lunch so I'm not so worried now. I need to see some well formed deposits in (or near) the LB to stand down on the poop alert. I'm also watching the pee-pads near the LB, because her urine seems a bit darker than normal. Not sure if that is significant. Meanwhile, if she continues to eat through the day, I'm thinking of a big reduction back to 1 or 1.5 tonight. Thoughts?

Previous.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Wow, what a difference since the enema! :eek:

My two cents on dose is going back to 1.5 since that was the last good dose before everything went haywire.

Looking excellent on a no shot, I must say! Well done, Rosie! :cat:

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats with being successful with the enemas! :rolleyes:

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Oh Carol, you have a lot going on! I'm glad Rosie had some lunch, hope the appy continues.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Isn't it crazy what constipation can do to these kitties!?? So glad she coming down and I know that 55 threw you for a loop! I just peaked at her SS and she is still in greens with no shot! And glad she is eating.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Rosie likes to mix it up for you, doesn't she? :confused::smuggrin:

7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Still not eating much (which is very unusual for her). I reduced down to 1u because she did eat some of her dinner when I held the bowl. :rolleyes:

I'll continue to watch her because this is all very odd and not easy to determine root cause - is she still constipated, is there some type of UTI brewing, is she just exhausted from enemas over the last couple of days? Not sure. I'm going to let her have a break and re-assess based on data overnight.

8. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Healthy input and output vines for Rosie.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad to see you found some hard evidence for her higher numbers. :p I'm a bit of a "by the book" person, I would have gone down to 1.75 units as her next good dose.

Sending appy vines.:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.