3/21 Honey AMPS 401, +6 411, PMPS 389, +3 386

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julie and Honey, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you following SLGS or TR?

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Honey, get out of those trees and head to lagoon much nicer there

4. Julie and Honey

SLGS

5. Julie and Honey

Haha, her nickname is monkey, maybe she likes trees.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good job linking yesterday's post.
    Time to come down, Honey.

7. Julie and Honey

Thanks, I am hoping she is still just getting adjusted to dose and will come down and level off a little. I have had to adjust shot location several times over the last 2 days. I have always used her side and have a small patch of fur clipped so I can see her skin and make sure needle is in, but she has not allowed that recently, using scruff last few times which is harder to see what I am doing with all the fur and have read that scruff is not always most effective, probably because it gets used so often and may build scar tissue. I think I am still getting the insulin in the cat in the scruff, I am checking for liquid in the fur after and am not seeing any. Time will tell, hopefully the high number today was a bounce and not lack of insulin getting in kitty.

8. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there ! I think that rotating is the secret so no scar tissues forms. I was always doing the shoulder area and after a long while I went to the scruff and his numbers started coming down.

Beside checking the fur for wetness from the insulin, smell it also. The Lantus has a very strong smell, like bandaids.

10. Julie and Honey

I guess it is behind shoulder blades I’m using now, easier to tent that spot. I think I pinched her with the needle the other day on the side and she remembers, was not quick enough. Hate to shave more fur off in another place, but may need to so I can see where needle is going. The small patch I clipped on side is covered with top fur, so does not show. She is so pretty, hate to make her look funny, she has enough issues:joyful:

My whole kitchen smells like bandaids, lol.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I always shot Rusty in the scruff and never had any problems. He had vey long hair (Maine Coon mix). It is really easy to find skin when your cat has long hair and you shoot in the scruff: pull up the hair at the back of the neck (the scruff, not behind the shoulder blades). This automatically creates a tent and you can easily see skin. Shoot.

Good luck!

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With no tests after PMPS, we can only guess she might have gone lower than she was used to last night. It was the sixth cycle at this dose, so the depot was full, might have been some action.

I shot for five years in the scruff/behind the shoulders with no problem. Neko’s long hair was shortest there. If you pick up the hair and roll forward a bit, the hair parts and you can see skin.

13. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

LOL - yes, we have those days! :D

14. Julie and Honey

I was planning on getting one tonight, do you think +3 will work? I will have a hard time any later, thanks

15. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

+3 should probably be a good time. Benny tends to nadir somewhere between +2 and +3, so I try to get a +2 in the morning and +2 or +3 in the evening. Of course ECID (each cat is different) and you haven't yet got enough data to tell when Honey's nadir occurs, but a +3 can tell you which direction she's going and how fast.

16. Julie and Honey

I hugged the cat last night and she smelled like bandaids, but I think that is just from random drops staying on fur, she needs a spa day, kitty bath with warm washcloth and nail trim and brushing. She is a girly girl.

17. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

You should see poor Benny; I have to give him ear drops, and they're rather greasy. He hates them terribly and always shakes his head after, so the fur behind and below his ear is so greasy that he seriously needs a bath. And yes, he often has a faint bandaid scent, from the teensy bit of insulin that sometimes remains in the needle after it's withdrawn.

I've gotten to where I can tell the difference between Normal shot lingering scent and Oops, fur shot scent.

18. Julie and Honey

Thanks for all the advice! Hoping tonight and tomorrow looks better!

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bubba thinks she is quite beautiful and that she and he could make beautiful babies together...:joyful:

ETA: If they were younger. :p

Julie and Honey likes this.
  20. Noah & me (GA)

Maybe we can fix her up with Marco. He's a handsome boy and he smells like baby powder.
    marco01.JPG

21. Julie and Honey

Thanks, LMAO, I needed that, have been crying too much lately. No more babies!!! She already popped out 3 or more litters before I rescued her and put a stop to that.. I was just thinking the other day if we could get the male kitties to use condoms it would help with the overpopulation issue. Actually it was when I stuck by self with the cat needle and started thinking she has FIV and likely got it from one of the male cats that knocked her up and wouldn’t it be nice if we could market kitty condoms to prevent pregnancy and the spread of disease. I think
    I have too much time on my hands these days:joyful:

22. Julie and Honey

Yes, very handsome. Please don’t tell me he has a six pack. Alas, she is a spinster like her mother.

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bubba had the FIV vaccine. So, he tests positive for FIV. Is it possible that she was owned by someone before you rescued her and that she had been given the vaccine?

24. Bobbie And Bubba

He is very pretty, Noah, but Bubba has first dibs!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  25. Julie and Honey

No way to know for sure, but she was outside for many years.

26. Bobbie And Bubba

She is a lucky little girl that she got a forever home. :bighug:

27. Julie and Honey

Bubba is quite handsome also.

28. Julie and Honey

Yes, she is a little sweetheart, can’t understand how someone could neglect such a sweet kitty, she just wants someone to be nice to her.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  29. Julie and Honey

Monkey still in the trees and we had another 30 minute delay. I am now 2 hours off original shot schedule. Had to get my upstairs neighbor to get his kids from running around like elephants above my laundry room. I test her on top of the dryer, did not need 10 year old boys jumping on the ceiling with a needle in my hand. Never told him before that his kids are making so much noise, but could not wait until they went to bed to do the test and shot.

Where is the shaking my head and rolling my eyes emoji?

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  30. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

How about a face palm :facepalm: hope you see some better numbers soon. Maybe get a before bed test, many kitties like to go lower at night. Sorry about the neighbour kid shenanigans, hopefully monkey checks out the beach soon ;):cat:

Julie and Honey likes this.
  31. Noah & me (GA)

Marco had his weights lifted years ago so he's not really interested. And I think Daniel is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:
    You've already got the syringes, rent a nurses outfit and give them a "vaccine" shot. I'll mail you some Lorazepams, don't tell anyone.
    And Julie, you're not allowed to say spinster here. It's 2019, not 1819. A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.;)

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  32. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Ahem....pardon my intrusion, my Maverick has first dibs, since we responded first to Honey ;):p

33. Julie and Honey

When I talked to my neighbor to ask him if he can ask his kids to quiet down please for 5 minutes so I can give my cat a shot, he told me he is moving, place too small for kids and now he has a girlfriend. He’s a decent guy, just the darn kids, boys of course. He’s divorced, so they come over on Thursday and stay til Sunday.