3/21 Rosie AMPS 90 +5 111

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Appy is back to about 80%. Still not impressive in terms of LB action, so one more enema today. Wow, that really got things moving! :eek:

I'm just amazed at the impact constipation has had to her BG. I need to intervene sooner in the future, because looking back on this now, I can see the problem was "building" over several days. If it was bad enough to push her into red numbers, she must have been very uncomfortable. :banghead::(:banghead:

Yesterday.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, when Bronx goes to 3 or so days and no movement I start getting real nervous.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Well........ I just had an episode with my Civvie, Forrest. He was so full of poop, and when he finally passed a huge hard ball of poop, he started having trouble with his hind legs working on the hard wood floors. His hind legs would just slip out from under him sideways like he was ice skating! A vetty visit, 2 enemas later, and she thinks the hard stool passed and inside of him caused him to have some nerve damage to his hind legs! He's better but not 100 % since the enemas/vet visit.

Don't underestimate the negative power of constipation. Bubba always sees numbers upwards to 150 + than he had been seeing before constipation.

So glad that Rosie came down!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Carol in Chicago likes this.
  6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

That is one of the strange things - There was movement, just not enough. My "warning sign" was any "milk dud" sized items. Now I know that is too late. I need to go back to my vet for a more advanced course in feeling abdominal anatomy.

7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, I have heard you can feel what's going on. Please share what method your vet gives you.

8. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Yes. I have had the "basic" course. When it was really bad, it felt like a handful of rocks. I don't want it to ever get to that point again. Poop should be soft, so even in a perfectly normal cat, you can still feel it, but I don't want to mistake a kidney for a poop ball! :bookworm:

9. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

OMG. So glad he is doing better! I thought I understood this constipation problem because Rosie has been struggling with it for so long, but there is still so much to learn!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.