3/22 Spot - AMPS 97/ +3 45/ PMPS 325/ +2 206

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SpotsMom, Mar 22, 2019.

1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Yesterday

Spot had another green PS this morning and I gave the full dose, but it looks like he’s gonna have an active one today! I just fed him his regular meal that he’d normally get at +4. I’ll check again in 20 minutes.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good catch! Below 50, I would add a tsp or two of higher carbs to his bowl. Come up Spot!

3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Still 45. At least he’s not dropping like a rock! I just gave him a spoonful of HC.

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Coming up a little. He’s at 54 now.

5. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

He went up to 68 an hour ago, but now he's back to 49 @ +5.5. I gave him another 1oz of HC :nailbiting:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  6. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

In the past (on Prozinc) when he's gone hypo its almost always been a precursor to a pancreatitis attack, which means it was a struggle to get him to eat and I had to assist feed much of the time. This time he seems to be doing great. He's eating everything I put in front of him, then running a kitten lap around the house after :cat:
    I'm not terribly worried... but he's keeping my on my toes today!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like he might be going in the right direction. If you ever find yourself fighting to keep him above 50, that can be a sign he wants a reducie.

I sure hope it’s not p’titis!

SpotsMom likes this.
  8. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I don’t think it is pancreatitis this time. He’s acting and eating just fine thankfully! I went ahead and had my daughter reduce tonight since I won’t be home this weekend. She’s good at shooting and testing but has never dealt with a hypo... so definitely erring on the side of caution!