3/23 Luci AMPS 250 UPDATE: Luci's home from routine dental :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sunday's Condo

Luci's scheduled for her dental cleaning this morning. It's long overdue - delayed to her breaking her foot and the vet wanted to wait until she was all healed up before proceeding with the dental...which is today - finally - unfortunately there's this cloud of COVID-19 and although I'm reluctant to go out and interact with the vet's office I'm going to take her and get this over with - with all precautions of course!

Please take care and enjoy your day. I hope your kitties surf safely!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Since we don't know if things will get worse, it's probably a good idea to get it over with today. Sending dental vines for Luci and calming prayers for you.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Wishing you good luck at the vet today Sue, I know how nerve-wracking this is but I agree with Carla, best to get it done sooner than later. Dental vines to Miss Luci Cat, I hope everything goes smoothly. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures with us yesterday!! :)
    Stay safe out there :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

Hope all goes well. I know you'll both be glad to get back home.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Best of luck with Luci's dental cleaning....safe journey and get back home soon:bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Dropped her off this morning - it seems like 'business as usual' there...I had to ask the vet-tech to please step back away from me as she was asking me to sign the consent paperwork - she had an ink pen that she was going to hand to me - no thanks, I have a pen right here....I really don't think these young people are taking this seriously at all...

Florida just passed the 1000 positive cases this morning...

Yes, I'll be glad to get Luci back home today! @Debra and Yoyo - the vets office is only a few miles away - seemed like a little less traffic than usual - but not much...I was surprised to see so many people out there...thanks for the well wishes everyone :)

7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Best wishes to Luci and you, Sue. A couple days ago I received an email from the vet about their new policies. They remain open as usual, but now we talk and pay over the phone - a tech will pick animal up from your car, have you stay outside in your car and/or be available by phone, then pet will be delivered back to your car. I wonder if they would voice record consent?! They might still have us sign a consent form, but they aren't taking cash or handling cards.
    I hope Luci is back home by now!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

UPDATE: Luci is home and feeling just fine it seems! She's ready for her dinner - it's almost PMPS time and she's ready and waiting...staring me down every time I go near the kitchen.

She was growling at DH today when he tried to test her mid-day; I think she hadn't quite gotten over the whole ordeal of being at the vet's office. They called me around 11:30 - surprise! And said she was all done and that I could come and pick her up at 3:30...I expressed my concern that as a diabetic, that's a long time to go without having her BG checked or getting any food...so the tech says, do you just test her urine? No, I prick her ear and get a little drop of blood...so he says, I'll have to talk to the vet about this...next thing I know the vet is calling me back saying 'You can come and get her NOW'...her sugar is at 180 and that seems high...so I'm looking at her SS and said, that's actually quite a nice drop from this morning - considering she's stressed...he said, well she'll probably do better at home than here...so why don't you come before 1 because we're closing for lunch...DH had her back quickly and old grumpy pants came in and waltzed right by me on her way to the lanai...but otherwise looked to be in ok shape...

Vet said the teeth were in good shape and she did fine with the procedure...he did suggest that I read up on some literature (he sent home with DH) for me to read about going to Vetsulin as he felt that it would be better to control Luci's BG's...not likely that we're going to change a thing..but when I have time I'll see what he sent about Vetsulin...he did say it's not likely that she's going to go into remission at this point...said he thought the first year on Lantus was the optimal time to make that happen...and we passed that milestone a long time ago...

I hope she'll calm down and get a good night's rest...and we'll all have a normal day tomorrow - here in isolation...working with the boss...all day...whew what a day!

10. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Yay Luci!! Glad she’s home and doing well :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am glad you could get the procedure done and get the boss back home quickly.
    :p:p:p:rolleyes:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

I would love to see Luci go into remission. With her attitude, she just might, just to prove the vet wrong!:p

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Luci is back home and everything went well.

Sue and Luci likes this.