3-24-20 Moey AMPS=137 PMPS=128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Briere Fur Mom, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

3-23-20(Yesterday). Good very early morning. I figured I'd ask a question since we're having a PJ party. Give plenty of time for thoughts of the board.
    I want to prematurely reduce Moey's dose. He hasn't quite earned it yet; this PM cycle being his 2nd drop below 50. However, I had a very hard time getting his #s out of the limes for ~2 hours. He refused to eat when I needed him to(he did eat a couple mouthfuls). He was either full from his PMPS meal and higher carb snack a little later or just didn't want to eat. Either way, I had to resort to Karo on the gums and force feeding about 1/8 tsp of gravy from some 15% food. This didn't bump his #s as expected...go figure.
    So, I think reducing him might be wise but, not the full reduction of .25u. Thoughts and advice appreciated.:)

ETA: I hope everyone has a great day. Kitties be good and surf safely:D:cool: Prayers for all:bighug:
    Moey got a reduced dose this morning. Paws crossed he can hold the fort down.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

As you know long term kitties need to drop under 40 once or under 50 three times on TR. However if you had a lot of trouble getting Moey up over 50 then I agree it would be wise to reduce the dose.
    How are you measuring the dose?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Reason for edit: Clarified point.
    Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Bron. If you're struggling to get his numbers up I'd reduce the dose.

4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Calipers...if that's what you mean. I'm exhausted and half out of it...lol!!!

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Good for the reducie! Ti-Mousse is also hard sometimes to get out of limes !

7. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

Sounds like you did the right thing in taking the reduction. I hope Moey lets you rest well tonight!