3/29 Purrdy AMPS 104 +2.5 77 +3 34 battle to keep him above 50 all day +12 77 +12.75 70 +13.5 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

last post 3/27

AMPS 104
    +2.5 77
    +3 34
    +4.5 54
    +5 59
    +5.5 41
    +6 52
    +6.5 43
    +7 49
    +7.5 50
    +8 49
    +8.5 54
    +9 47
    +9.5 40

Tonight is going to be a skipped shot.

Are we ok to keep going along like this and for how long? I'm having horrible flash backs of I think it was Rosie that had cushings and just wouldn't come up.

Sorry at work so short and sweet, will fix link etc tonight

Purrdy's spreadsheet link is in the top of Vyktor's current spreadsheet

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  2. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Yikes! :nailbiting: Looks like Mum has had to fight low numbers all day? I think you are remembering Rose, but the kitty was Chloe(GA)? If she can't keep the numbers propped up, I would get him to the vet asap.
    At the end of my Tiger's life, I had to quit giving insulin because her numbers dropped too low despite HC at all times. Sending Purrdy and Vyktor my strongest vines and prayers--hugs to you too!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried a few drops of syrup?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Ok my! I sure hope Purrdy comes up soon. Your poor mom. Is she giving karo?

5. Vyktors Mum

No syrup has been given at this point just HC all day. I've told mum to get a bit more heavy handed with the HC.

I'll tell her to give a little syrup too if he's under 60 at the next test - is that likely to bump him any better than the carbs are doing though? Doesn't that just work quicker and wear off quicker?

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, but sometimes adding a little syrup/karo/honey gives a little extra "boost" (along with the HC) if they're staying low for that long. The important part is to get him up above 50 and keep him there...no matter what it takes at this point

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would consider the vet at this point. Lantus overdoses can last a long time. Not that this is an overdose, but his insulin needs could be quickly changing. This has been too long low. Mum should take karo with her.

8. Vyktors Mum

Whoo hoo ish - he's finally gone above 60 - he's 61 I've told mum to give him syrup if he drops back under 60 and I've also told her to prepare for the vet if we can't get him to stay up within the next few hours.

No shot tonight no matter what happens but will probably be looking for advice about the coming days. It does seems his needs have changed so I'm starting to wonder if just a 1 unit reduction won't be enough in his circumstances.

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Your poor mum, what a day she has had!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would do at least a 10% reduction, maybe 20%. Rose's kitty had a sudden dose need change when she started Trilostane. If Purrdy does indeed have Cushings and not IAA, you may not need to keep him quite so green. Maybe a goal of under renal threshold instead?

11. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

Purrdy, that a lot of diving today - please come up and stay up for a bit :)

Gill & George likes this.
  12. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

If he were mine, I might do a 20% reduction in this case - which would be about 12u for a morning dose, depending on how things go tonight. Glad he's come up a bit, but he's sure spent a lot of time in low numbers today. If there's any doubt in the morning, I'd suggest mom err on the conservative side.

I hadn't realized you guys thought he has Cushing's - i thought you were still thinking iaa. Does he have the symptoms for Cushing's? skin issues?

13. Vyktors Mum

It was Chloe I was thinking of thanks Ruth

Thanks Wendy that would be 1.5-3 units so I'm thinking we'll take a 2 unit reduction. I'm also thinking that if, per chance, he's still green in the morning we'll skip. I've generally been happy to keep Purrdy in the upper greens and lower blues but started getting antsy when the yellows creep in. I'm starting to think low yellows might not be such a bad colour on Purrdy!

He's just about due for annual bloods anyway so mum is trying to get him into the vet tomorrow so we can get a look at what's going on inside there. He is drinking huge quantities of water (almost a litre yesterday) and peeing tonnes which clearly isn't as a result of his diabetes.

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I would also skip in the morning if he's still green. There's a good sized depot with that 15u and it won't hurt to let it decrease some.

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know what the vet says.

Looks like we posted at the same time!

15. Vyktors Mum

He's got the pot belly, missing patches of fur, change in fur colour, he's had a couple of skin infections, continues to drink and pee like a maniac even when maintained under the renal threshold, there's something else I'm forgetting too

Back to 70 - paws crossed that's just meter variance!

16. Vyktors Mum

Bruises, that's what I'm forgetting. He bruises pretty easily, sometimes at the injection sights and sometimes mystery bruises.

ETA: We have a vet appointment for Thursday afternoon so we can see the vet we want. I think that's better than tomorrow anyway. Gives us a couple of days to see how he settles...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  17. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

OMG, poor Mum! She's had quite a day. Sending my strongest vines to both her and Purrdy. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Best wishes for Purrdy and your mum and also for you Serryn and Vyktor too. :bighug::bighug:

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Purrdy and your mom. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I hope Vyktor is still doing okay.

20. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

21. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Hope Purrdy does okay today!

22. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

That had to be pretty scary and glad he made it back to the safe zone. No advise here but sending vines and prayers :bighug::bighug:

23. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a time your Mum has had!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.