? 3/3 Myagi amps 115 - increase?, +2.5 84, +5.5 123, pmps 124, +2.25 144

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Myagi (GA) and Heidi, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Duration looks like a problem as of around 2/19. An increase will probably help with that, but should you decide to do it, make sure to get those +1's in the am cycle as that has been his nadir recently and he likes to dive there. I would also grab at least a test in the pm in case he decides to switch things up on you, because: cat! ;)

Is he still not eating so great or how is that side of things going? As far as pens go and is that one petering out, even if it is losing some potency, it's still working because his numbers go down. I would save yourself the trouble, increase with the pen you have and get max use out of it...just be cautious when you run it out and switch to the new one that it may be more potent and first few cycles need a watchful eye.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

How old is your current pen? I use to change mine every 4 months although you should get 6 months out of it. If you're changing pens I'd keep the current dose. Also there were 3 nights in a row recently where there were no tests. He doesn't look bad and if it were me regardless of pen I'd hold this dose a few more days. Even last night with his +2 being lower then PMPS I'd say he was in the lagoon. How much is he eating a day? A tsp at a time is nothing...is he losing weight or maintaining?

4. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+2.5 84, lc nibble

Ok. The pen has only been open since 2/8. He is definitely still eating less, but eating something versus the almost nothing He had going fur a bit. His weight is stable though. He feels good when I hold and hug him. The duration has been concerning me especially with reduced food intake yet He rises. I cut back on testing cause we rely on dcin fur strips and he was flying through them for a chunk of time. Plus everything with mom I'm not around to test as often. And everything with mom, my own health and emotional issues are exacerbated and I'm medicating at night. On his daily intake, he is probably eating less than 6oz plus the soup (which is more water than food). He used to eat more than 10oz daily.
    I'd rather go down than up, but I don't want him to lose his progress. I definitely can go back to pulling more pm cycle tests.

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

With all you have going on it’s even more of a reason to sit tight with this dose. He’s seeing safe green and the blues are low. Just my 2 cents :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Stacy & Asia

I agree with Karen, it sounds like you need to be taking care of yourself and mom right now, priorities. Myagi is doing fine, if you start seeing yellows or worse, it would be different story. He is a quick study, don't worry about losing any ground. :bighug:

7. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

@Doodles & Karen. @Stacy & Asia
    Thanks girls!!! I read your messages and started crying. It's all so hard and Myagi's such a good boy and his little body's been working so hard to get otj. I feel like I'm letting him down, but you're both right, he's a fighter and lowish blues aren't awful. And I need to be ok myself for both he and mom. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I'll hold dose and pen and get a few more pm tests. :kiss: :bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

Far from letting him down, Heidi, not only are you caring for him so well, you are doing significantly more than most people do for their diabetic cats and you are doing it on a limited budget to boot! He is lucky to have you and knows it too! :bighug:

9. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+5.5 123 - no duration, no food to speak of fur hours.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, didn't get the tag for some reason.

He's been below 50 on this pen - it's not the pen. I agree with the others, if you can't test as much, then hold the dose for the moment. Gotta take care of you first so you can take care of Myagi.:bighug: And he's pretty much below renal threshold.

11. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You do an amazing job taking care of Myagi and your mom. He will be fine if you hold the dose for now. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

:bighug:Thank you Carla:bighug:

14. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Pmps 124, 0.1u, 6c dinner, ate about 1/3 of meal :cat:

15. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+2.25 144, got a little exercise in hallway and ate a teeny bit more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.