3/30 PMPS 210 +2.5 108 +3.45 57 +4.45 54 +5 50 +5.5 64 Pajama Party :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ozzy Pawzbourne, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Last post

Ozzy started tonight's cycle at 210, and dropped down to 108 at +2.5. He's been flat in the low 50s since about +3.45 - 5 hours.

I gave him his normal LC at the 57 reading, MC at the 54 reading, and 20 minutes later gave him a mix of MC and HC at the 50 reading. I may not have let enough time go by (only 20 minutes) for the MC to take effect, but his number still got lower and I have to go to bed. It's almost 12 am here.

Thanks for the PJ party tonight, Ozzy! I admit I'm trying to carb him up a little so I can go to bed. It's already 5 hours into the PM cycle so hoping his lantus is going to wear off soon.

Ok, he technically has not gone below 50 yet, but he was at 50 exactly and over 3 readings with 3 meals to curb his numbers up, he has stayed flat. Does this earn him a reduction? We can't monitor his cycle tomorrow am but will be able to tomorrow night and this weekend.

Also to note: he has vomited 3 times tonight. I don't know why this is happening again but perhaps is the reason for his lower numbers tonight. He kept his last meal down and I am hoping he will keep down the MC/HC.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think it's your call whether you want to take the reduction. He didn't technically earn it, though just a whisker away, but you could always try it and take him back up if the reduction fails. Part of me thinks that keeping the 0.5 U dose (provided he bounces tomorrow) will help keep in in healing green numbers longer. And maybe help cut down the bouncing.

Up Ozzy!

3. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Thanks @Wendy&Neko He just earned a reduction 7 cycles ago (actually 9 but we started the reduction later) and a reduction before that exactly 9 cycles earlier as well. I am not sure if these count as back to back reductions or not. Last time Ozzy had back to back reductions, we went down the dosing scale and then right back up to where we started.

I'm hoping Ozzy will be able to continue down on a reduced dose because that's the right direction we want him going... he's never been below .5U.

Going to grab another test now.... I noticed he ate all his MC/HC food and then gobbled down the rest of Figgie's too (he needs to eat every time Ozzy eats and it has to be the same thing or he gets jealous). I'm sure he's going to have gone up now with that large meal.

4. Ozzy Pawzbourne

+5.5 =64

I was actually hoping for a number over 70.

I'm surprised he has not reacted quicker/more to the food steering. He usually will come up pretty quickly.

5. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Sure pajama parties look fun....but not so much...
    Capture19.PNG

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

How long after he eats has he been throwing up? I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's safe to assume he's going to keep down the MC/HC you gave him last. The good news is that he should be pretty close to nadir.

Oh Ozzy, why couldn't you wait and do this tomorrow night? :rolleyes:

7. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Going to put out some LC in the feeder for his 1am snack that is coming up in the next 30 minutes and headed to bed. Ozzy ate a large meal at +5 with both MC/HC mix so I think his numbers will continue to rise.

I'm praying that Ozzy will be ok. He is almost 6 hours in. I never know when his nadir is because it fluctuates so much.

8. Ozzy Pawzbourne

It really varies. Sometimes it is within an hour, other times it is hours later. Nothing at all is predictable about this kitty. He has kept his last few meals down for the last 2 hours.
    NO KIDDING!:facepalm::eek:

9. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy is now curled up and snoozing in his daddy's chair. Nice someone is getting some zzzzss....:eek:o_O

He's getting one more pokey now at +6 and then I'll call it a night.

10. Ozzy Pawzbourne

+7= 78

Going to bed.

11. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

:(
    Sorry about the vomiting. What has he been eating that he is vomiting up?

Looks like Ozzy is coming back up. Hope you get some snoozes.

12. Ozzy Pawzbourne

he has been eating pretty much the exact same foods for months now.

13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Missed this yesterday...been crazy around here in the people realm but quieter now. :)

14. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hey Jo....thinking about you and the guys ...praying all is well...:)

15. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Hope Ozzy and family are well...:cat:

Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
  16. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.