3/4 Thos reduce next AM dose because out of house? AMPS 108 /+4 55/+4.5 65/+5.5 71/+10 81/AMPFS 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Mar 4, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 2/16

That +4 suggests an active cycle for Thos. I fed >1tsp 13% MC and will monitor and feed as needed.

Unusually for me, tomorrow I will have to shoot and run, maybe catch a +1. I won't be back here till around 4pm. How horrible would it be to skip the dose, or just do 0.25u? I am a dreadful worrywart so I would rather risk setting the cause back a bit than fret the whole time I'm away.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

When is that in the cycle?

You have him quite well regulated so often folk find that they recover pretty well from a skipped shot or furshot.
    If you shot 0.25u the early part of the cycle would likely play out the same as if you shot the full dose, but Thos will be higher by pmps.

If he eats well out of a feeder another option is to program several meals, and give him higher carb than he usually gets in the early part of the cycle, that way you can inflate his numbers for the morning cycle keep him safe and you don't mess with the dose or the depot.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What Gill said. :) If you ever know in advance that you are going to need kitty to be safe with a reduced dose, it’s better to start reducing that dose a few cycles before the time you are away, so that the depot is mostly drained. I used to shoot the lower dose about three cycles in advance. But that was Neko on her size dose, which varied a lot.

Tom & Thomas (GA) likes this.
  4. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Assuming all goes well (driving two hours to buy a replacement for my now almost twenty-year-old car), I would be returning around +7 or +8.

I do hate to mess around, especially since Thos is doing so well these days, but I think I will just skip. And I guess you're saying, Gill, that a reduced AM shot wouldn't make much difference for the time I'll be away?

No reason to give him anything other than his regular dose tonight, right?

We don't have a feeder and with all the food bowl tourism around here I anyhow couldn't be sure Thos would get any of the food it dispensed.

Good to know about reducing in advance for the next time I know I won't be able to monitor as I would like. I am still new enough at this that I'm constantly terrified of making a mistake.

Thanks, as always, Gill and Wendy.

Gill & George likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A skip is definitely the safer option. Good luck with the car purchase.

6. Gill & George

The skip sounds like a safer option in this case.
    Yes regular dose tonight then skip tomorrow.

7. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Phooey, lousy time for a fur shot. With a somewhat higher would-have-been-PMPS, and planning no AM shot tomorrow.

8. Gill & George