3/5 - Hamilton AMPS 103, +3 101 - New meter

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elizabeth B, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth B

Elizabeth B Member

We're back! I took some time off posting and obsessing over Hamilton's numbers. I think it probably did both of us some good. We also switched from the AlphaTrak to a human meter as I just never could figure out how the AlphaTrak numbers fit with TR. We are using the Relion BLU which connects to my phone and records everything for me. (Wow, game changer. )

Hamilton has been doing great and his numbers are looking pretty consistent. We've been working with carbs in his meals and have found that offering a spoonful of "higher" carb (4.5% instead of his typical 1%) keeps him a bit more consistent. It certainly helps me not to worry when heading to bed at night.

Big hugs all around!

Juliet likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hamilton does look pretty even keeled on the new meter. :cool: You might want to change the signature to say you are now using the Blu meter. Which sounds pretty cool, even if it needs a slightly larger blood drop. FYI, the only difference with an AT and TR is that you use 68 as the reduction point, all the rest of the numbers are the same.

Some cats do a little better with a bit higher carb food. Glad you've found something that works for him for now.

3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yeah! Nice to see you back and Hamilton is looking good :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.