3/7 Trixie AMBG 82 - Frankie's BW is back, HyperT

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy&TrixieCat, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Well aside from the nice BG, I jinxed the h*** out of us yesterday...Trix's appy was pure crap all day and evening, and on top of that her nasal congestion returned with a vengeance. I had to assist-feed most of her calories. Today her appy is somewhat better, but the congestion is definitely interfering - she starts to eat but gets frustrated from the snuffling it causes and then stops eating. Of course it's hard to tell if the appy issue is connected to the AB (probably, given the timing), or her kidney issues...or both plus the congestion. With that said, she does seem fairly bright-eyed and solid - she doesn't seem like she feels TOO unwell...but obviously the crappy appy means something or other.

We took civvie Frankie to the vetty last night for a check-up...it's been a couple years. She's lost a good amount of weight :nailbiting:, but other than that there are no red flags with her....no vomiting, LB issues, decent appy (she's never been very food motivated), and she still has the ridiculous amount of energy as a kitten (she's 14 but runs and plays like a crazy cat). So, we'll see what her BW shows - could be hyperT, or could be just because she's so energetic and active. She definitely needs a dental with probable extractions, depending on the BW.

Today I have to go to my Mom's to start gathering documentations for the tax accountant...'nuff said there.

I am very stressed and distressed at this point.....not functioning well at all.

Prayers to all.....

Amy

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Nice BG! Vines for Trixie. Poor girl and poor you!

I hope Frankie's BW puts your mind at ease. Maybe she is just getting older. Turnup lost a lot of weight around that age but was a 20 pound cat before that.

Good luck with the tax stuff. I hate that and I am an accountant. :banghead:

BIG HUGS for you my friend.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Trixie's congestion is back and she's not eating very well. I hope it gets better soon and her appy picks up. I agree older kitties just lose weight sometimes. I hope that's all it is and you get good b/w back for Frankie. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending appy vines and prayers for Trixie and you. Hope all is well with Frankie. Lots of hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Beautiful AMBG! But I'm sorry to hear that her snuffling is back. :(
    Good luck with the tax prep. I too was in accounting in my past life and I'm the most disorganized there is!

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Frankie's BW is already back...I'm shocked because it's only been 13 hours since her appointment and they thought it would be closer to 48 hours since it was so late when they drew the blood. She has HyperT...can't say I'm totally surprised. I guess with all the possible reasons for weight loss, this is probably the "best", but I'm still sad that she will now need daily meds for the rest of her life, too. We're going to start with the transdermal gel like we used with our GA civvie Mario, and go from there. Frankie is our third HyperT kitty....way too common for our furbabies.

7. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Amy but at least now you have a path forward.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about the diagnosis, but at least you know what's going on with her and it can be treated. :bighug::bighug:

9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Amy I'm sorry to hear about Frankie's diagnosis. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Amy, I am so sorry too. :bighug:You are being piled on with all the fur baby and then momma needs. Totally relate to both as i see after my 94 year old mom who lives 3 hours away from me. Sending uplifting prayers your way , that you can carry out each responsibility in peace and strength:bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am sorry your kitties are causing worry. :bighug::bighug: Would spending time in a closed bathroom with a shower help Trixie? Sending appy and anti-congestion vines for her. Sorry about Frankie's diagnosis but at least it's a familiar path for you.

Taxes, ugh! I do my dad's, but I'd trade you taxes for the white stuff falling here. :mad:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sorry Trixie's appy is not good right now and hope it improves

And sorry about the Hyper T DX for Frankie My civvie has it now too and I use the doggie no grain pill pockets for capsules and get about 4 days for each pocket He actually comes and gets me 15 minutes before each meal to get his "hor'dorve" :smuggrin:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  13. Amy&TrixieCat

I could try the shower with Trix...not sure if it will freak her out or not. Vetty did say we could use Zyrtec and I might do that if this keeps up, but with all the other stuff/meds she's got going on I'm trying to not toss another one into the mix if I can avoid it.

The taxes have me POed...my brother was supposed to take care of this but since he thinks his time and personal obligations are more important than mine he dumped it on me, and as it is I already take care of all the day-to-day stuff and beyond. This year is extra complicated because my Mom was completely sheltered and my Dad was a control freak, so she and has no (and I mean NO) experience in handling anything at all, much less the taxes. So while trying to find all the documents, I'm also trying to keep her out of a tizzy. Between her and the cats, I'm really, really worn out.

Frankie isn't very food-motivated (I know, odd for a HyperT kitty), so I'm not sure if she would go for a treat, so I opted for the transdermal gel at least to start. Honestly, I don't think I want to try pilling both her AND Trix unless I absolutely have to.

On a positive note, Trix had a fairly decent lunchtime snack all on her own, and the snuffles are a bit better right now. It's that horrible rollercoaster everyone here is so familiar with.

14. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: It's a lot to manage. Remember to breathe. Are you getting some exercise?
    Liz

15. Amy&TrixieCat

I workout 5-6 days a week...I know it's one of the things that helps keep me slightly sane, so I very rarely skip.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear Frankie's news. I know you know what to do, so carry on!
    I hope Trixie's congestion will clear up. I started Rusty on L lysine again. He used to take this (1/4 teaspoon of the powder twice a day mixed into his food), but somehow I got away from it. It's supposed to help sneezing. Will let you know.
    Good luck with your mom's taxes. Perhaps your dad's lawyer can help.

Hugs, scritches

17. Amy&TrixieCat

My Dad's lawyer does have an accountant and that's who is going to actually do the taxes (that my brother was supposed to do); however, necessary paperwork that has to be gathered is a bit scattered coupled with the facts that my brother dumped this task (yes, I'm more than a little annoyed), and my Mom has no experience (my Dad took care of everything) and literally gets into a terrified panicked deer-in-the-headlights mode when I ask any sort of questions about where I might find things....not to mention I personally have never done such complicated taxes so I myself am not sure about everything that needs to be collected. It makes my head hurt.

I've got some lysine for Trix, but I haven't started it yet....I kinda forgot about it until now!

Her appy and snuffles have been better today than they were yesterday...

18. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Amy I can definitely relate to siblings who pull things like that - it is very annoying. I just had my taxes done today - I still haven't gotten the knack of trying to balance withholdings - anyway, glad that hyper T is getting somewhat easier to treat. Keep calm.

19. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Amy, I'd try the Zyrtec. It didn't have any side effects for Max. What dose did your vet suggest? I gave 1/3-1/4 a regular strength pill. Sorry about the hyper-t diagnosis but I agree it's the best of possible choices since you have dealt with it before.

20. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Everything does seem to happen at once, doesn't it? I'm sorry about the Hyper-T diagnosis, but relatively speaking, it's a pretty manageable issue, so try to look at it as a being better than a lot of other things that could have caused the weight loss, etc. Two of my four had it, and were easily managed with the meds.

I wouldn't be surprised if the congestion is affecting Trix's appy. Cats won't eat if they can't smell the food. I hope the Zyrtec helps, and I would try the shower. I took Sasha into the bathroom and held her, as the steam rises. I just made it a big cuddle session, so she didn't mind, and I didn't take her too close to the shower, so it didn't fake her out. I stuffed a towel under the door to keep the steam from escaping. 20-30 minutes works pretty well.

Can you find a copy of last year's taxes? You could take that to the accountant and ask him or her to look and it and tell you what documentation to look for.

21. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Murphy gets 1/2 zyrtec every day for about 9 months out of the year - no issues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.